Hacking Bricked, what can I do?

windhazard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What if I bricked my NAND because of an error during CTR Transfer and I don't have a working backup, but I DO have A9LH installed. Can I just try CTR Transfer again till it works?

windhazard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I imagine doing a 9.2 ctrnand transfer should help you. Next time, make a NAND backup. This is your own fault.
Yes, it is my own fault. After hacking several consoles successfully I just turned lazy and skipped backing up NAND.

I'm not sure if it's a brick, but after transferring the console simply won't boot. Payloads still work fine. I'm trying to change region from US to EUR hence the 9.2 transfer after installing A9LH.

2nd attemp, still won't boot. There's nothing wrong with either the SD or the CTR files, because it worked before on another console.

Last edited by windhazard,

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yes, it is my own fault. After hacking several consoles successfully I just turned lazy and skiped backing up NAND.

I'm not sure if it's a brick, but after transferring the console simply won't boot. Payloads still work fine. I'm trying to change region from US to EUR hence the 9.2 transfer after installing A9LH.

2nd attemp, still won't boot. There's nothing wrong with either the SD or the CTR files, because it worked before on another console.
Did you delete the Home Menu extdata from the SD card?

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yes. I even tried deleting the whole Nintendo 3DS folder.
Can you get into Luma settings? If you can, try checking "Enable region/language emu." (Probably won't work, but it's worth a shot).

You said that you tried a second time to do a ctrtransfer, was this for EUR or USA? Try doing it with a USA CTRNAND.

May I ask why you wanted to do a region change in the first place?

windhazard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can you get into Luma settings? If you can, try checking "Enable region/language emu." (Probably won't work, but it's worth a shot).

You said that you tried a second time to do a ctrtransfer, was this for EUR or USA? Try doing it with a USA CTRNAND.

May I ask why you wanted to do a region change in the first place?
My friend got one cheap N3DS for only 80 eur but it's from US. He wanted me to change it so he can set language to German.

I'm downloading the 9.2 US Ctr now. Will update soon.

Edit: I'm retarded and changed secure_info_C incorrectly to 03 instead of 02 lol. After editting it to 02 (Eur) it works normally.

Last edited by windhazard,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [louder cricket sounds]