Hacking Bricked PS vita

ddfddf23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hey guys! I bricked my ps vita console for a long time, when updating to qcma, the firmware reaches 7% and gives an error c3-12027-3, only the last item is available in safe mode (Update), my console does not see CMA and openCMA, that is, it connects gives an error that CMA is not found, what should I do?

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! I bricked my ps vita console for a long time, when updating to qcma, the firmware reaches 7% and gives an error c3-12027-3, only the last item is available in safe mode (Update), my console does not see CMA and openCMA, that is, it connects gives an error that CMA is not found, what should I do?
Reinstall the vita drivers and google the zadig fix so the drivers will work correctly on newer versions of windows.

ddfddf23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Yea winusb should be fine, also if you have cma, uninstall it, qcma won't work if cma is installed.
Installed the winusb driver for ps vita type B, deleted cma now try to update via qcma if it don’t help me, i will write.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yea winusb should be fine, also if you have cma, uninstall it, qcma won't work if cma is installed.
This did not help, exactly the same error by 7%.

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installed the winusb driver for ps vita type B, deleted cma now try to update via qcma if it don’t help me, i will write.

This did not help, exactly the same error by 7%.
Must be something on the vita, did you try booting it up while holding L?

Or instead of updating try reinstalling the firmware already installed.

ddfddf23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

Nothing, only black screen.
Well, i can try install the 3.68 firmware, but i think my ps vita show me same error.

yeah, same error, idk what i should do...

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing, only black screen.
Well, i can try install the 3.68 firmware, but i think my ps vita show me same error.

yeah, same error, idk what i should do...
Try booting up without memory card inserted

wopox1337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hi everyone!
ddfddf23, did you find any solution for this problem?
I'm wrote some posts on our Russian-tech community forum 4pda (cut link: vk.cc/9ZyYat) about finding solution. But so far-that all unsuccessfully...:sad:

kaymynd: also if you have cma, uninstall it, qcma won't work if cma is installed.
I'll tried this. Solution not confirmed. Does not solve the problem.

kaymynd: Or instead of updating try reinstalling the firmware already installed.
trying to install 3.73 (lastest update) with QCMA - Does not solve the problem.

kaymynd: Try booting up without memory card inserted
Still does not solve

NOTE in case it does not work look for a pc where you have never connected the vita and follow the steps above.
Tried with my notebook. Still does not solve

(hw: PCH-1101)

Last edited by wopox1337,

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you guys by any chance install the update blocker? Or did you use enso_ex? If thats the case you'll need to disable it before you can update.

Reactions: cvskid

wopox1337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
> you'll need to disable it before you can update.
We can't load to system (bubbles screen & etc) cause can't install firmware :unsure:

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
> you'll need to disable it before you can update.
We can't load to system (bubbles screen & etc) cause can't install firmware :unsure:
You don't need to, to disable you need to follow this reddit post

https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/b4z3ez/faq_enso_ex_v30/

Specifically this part

Second : the update blocker is kind of useless nowadays. But there is always people who say that they ACCIDENTALLY updated their vita. So what's left? the update blocker will block every update attempted, which means from safe mode too. If you ever want to update OR reinstall the Fw you will need to do these steps.
1 put your vita in safe mode2 transfer the pup to the console (through mc or qcma in update process)3 when you are in the EULA screen, connect your psvita to a power supply (this will disable update blocker patch when it reboot to the green menu of installation)4 update/reinstall the fw

Reactions: wopox1337

wopox1337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
2 transfer the pup to the console (through mc or qcma in update process)
But on this state i can't upload 3.73 firmware to Vita cause have error on 7% (prepare state). How to Place firmware (.pup file) into MemoryCard to update from the firmware file from the PS Vita Memory Card?
?

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But on this state i can't upload 3.73 firmware to Vita cause have error on 7% (prepare state). How to Place firmware (.pup file) into MemoryCard to update from the firmware file from the PS Vita Memory Card?
?
I believe the 7% error is due to the update blocker, I'm not 100% certain though, and you can't use mem card unless you have a spare vita you can use it to place the .pup in mem card, otherwise you'll have to use qcma on pc.

Reactions: wopox1337

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a topic where i try to flash ANY firmware to recover my PSVita through QCMA :)
Yes so you're doing everything right but you still need to do step 3 to bypass the updateblocker and let the update go past 7%

3 when you are in the EULA screen, connect your psvita to a power supply (this will disable update blocker patch when it reboot to the green menu of installation)4 update/reinstall the fw

Do this step after you have sent the update to your vita through qcma, it will reboot to start the update, as soon as the eula pops up plug it in to power source to disable the updateblocker, it will again reboot and the update should go past 7% this time if it's done correctly.

Last edited by kaymynd,

wopox1337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
when you are in the EULA screen
:) I have nothing else. If I try to just run the PS Vita - I only have a black screen and a blue led burning.
upload_2019-11-8_19-33-44.png

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:) I have nothing else. If I try to just run the PS Vita - I only have a black screen and a blue led burning.
Yes but when installing the update through qcma the eula comes up at the beginning of the update doesn't it? You have to agree to it before you can update, That's when you need to plug into power source, it also must be wall outlet other devices won't work.

Also just want to make sure you in fact did install the updateblocker or used enso_ex, if you didn't, this won't help you sadly.

wopox1337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Yes but when installing the update through qcma the eula comes up at the beginning of the update doesn't it?
No have EULA screen on update in safe mode.

I recorded video where i show all steps to reproduce my situation.

want to make sure you in fact did install the updateblocker or used enso_ex
I didn't install them, but how can I prove it to you now?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc