Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Stats:cios 249 latest rev (i think it's 14
cios 222 hermes
boot mii ios
4.1 firmware

I bricked my wii while trying to instal a ios 60 patch so i could install preloader, but it bricked my wii, i can hear sounds of the disc being read when i turn it on(when i have a disc in it obviously) The screen is black
Help please?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did the patch install successfully? Did you use BootMii IOS to make a backup? Do you have a modchip?

If the answer to all of those is no, then you have a shiny white doorstop

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
Turn on the wii and hold Reset, if you can get in to preloader run the hombrew channel and install a clean ios60 using dop-ios. If you can't get in to preloader than there's nothing more we can do.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
david432111 said:
Turn on the wii and hold Reset, if you can get in to preloader run the hombrew channel and install a clean ios60 using dop-ios. If you can't get in to preloader than there's nothing more we can do.

He said he was trying to patch IOS60 so he could install Preloader, so it doesn't seem like he actually installed Preloader

felixdaman18

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tattar8 said:
Did the patch install successfully? Did you use BootMii IOS to make a backup? Do you have a modchip?

The patch installed successfully, then I used the HBC to shutdown my wii. I have a bootmii ios backup. I don't have a modchip.

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
felixdaman18 said:
tattar8 said:

The patch installed successfully, then I used the HBC to shutdown my wii. I have a bootmii ios backup. I don't have a modchip.

If no Preloader is booting and no Bootmii as boot2...time to pick up the phone and say nintendo you bricked your wii while downloading your 4.2 and you had a power loss.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
if u dont have bootmii as boot2, or any version of preloader installed, and u r on system menu 4.0 and 4.1 YOU WILL BRICK IF you install IOS60 stub (latest version of the ios). The only way to fix this (that i know of), is to get a drivekey mod chip (around $80), boot from a boot disc to wad manager (or another app to solve your problem... u can also use dopios, dopios mod or wiiscu 0.22 or above), then reinstall an non-stubbed IOS60

felixdaman18

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xflak40 said:
if u dont have bootmii as boot2, or any version of preloader installed, and u r on system menu 4.0 and 4.1 YOU WILL BRICK IF you install IOS60 stub (latest version of the ios). The only way to fix this (that i know of), is to get a drivekey mod chip (around $80), boot from a boot disc to wad manager (or another app to solve your problem... u can also use dopios, dopios mod or wiiscu 0.22 or above), then reinstall an non-stubbed IOS60
The ios 60 i installed was a hbc application thing.
How can I make a boot disc with one of those apps?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
you can download a wad manager bootdisc from dogegg's media fire page, but like i said, u need to have a drive key for it to work. Seems you're a fellow Canadian, check out this site. I had the same problem when the IOS was first stubbed, contact some1 below, and they can install the chip, and attempt to boot with one of their discs to fix the problem. After that, u can continue to softmod your wii (the mod chip doesn't stop the soft mods from working).

http://www.canadamods.ca/store/index.php?a...Cat&catId=1

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
felixdaman18 said:
xflak40 said:

That won't fix your WII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop throwing out Savmiifrii everywhere.

You need a fucking functioning system menu IOS, which you do not have.

Call Nintendo.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
the following is a direct quote from Canada Mods in an email I sent them (I had the exact same problem as the guy above, ie. stubbed system menu IOS60 on 4.0 firmware). Can someone tell me if his proposed solution makes sense and would work, or if he doesn't know what he's talking about. THANK!

"My extent of the softmods fixes are putting the drivekey in autoboot
mode, in conjuction with a savemii and the universal unbricker discs.
Then if all goes well we can delete (edit, lets assume he meant reinstall) the IOS that messed it up. Load a disc with a newer firmware and have it 'reflash' the system. That has
fixed a good majority of wii's but not all. All the drivekey really
does is make it so that it can autoboot a disc, but depending on the
severity of how it is bricked sometimes its beyond what we can do.

If you want to do it yourself you can buy a drivekey with autoboot
enabled ( I can enable it for you). Then if you have a gamecube
controller you can create a 'savefree, or savefrii" by holding down
all directions of the gc controller on boot up.
The discs are also widely available for downloading."

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
Ya man. SaveMii only has so much use. If the System Menu or its IOS is toast, you can't to jack with it.

Can we sticky this? Seriously.

Oh and for the other person.

Your system menu IOS is gone, your done. Infectus chip I heard can fix it but its more experimental right now, honestly, there are no conventional methods to fix your Wii.

Send it in.

sasho123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I heard this somewhere, about the gamecube controller thingy, it's supposed to work, althought there aren't many instructions out there, so I gues for around 120$ they can fix your wii (althought if it's an old model it would be cheaper to buy a second hand wii which can cost you around 80$, if it's an old model of course)

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
sasho123 said:
Yeah I heard this somewhere, about the gamecube controller thingy, it's supposed to work, althought there aren't many instructions out there, so I gues for around 120$ they can fix your wii (althought if it's an old model it would be cheaper to buy a second hand wii which can cost you around 80$, if it's an old model of course)

OMFG, if you dont know what you are saying don't say it.

That is SavemiiFrii, ask FenrirWolf for information on it because he knows how absolutely worthless it is.

I have saved 2 people's Wii using the method but they had very specific issues:

A bricked theme install on 3.2U. I got them to run Animal Crossing from it and it updated them to 3.3U which fixed the system menu.

Other than that, there is almost no use for it. Seriously. The autoboot with Brawl stuff is in progress but atm, its not in full effect.

YOU NEED:

A system menu
A system menu IOS (not stub).

He does not have the IOS. His wii is bricked.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
long story short, i bricked my aunts wii, it was under warranty, nintendo sent a new wii (without inspecting the bricked wii) and said we can keep the old wii. So returning the bricked wii is not an option... now when u think about it i got this bricked wii for free, so frankly if I cant fix it, i dont care too much. But can some1 just tell me in plain english that a drivekey wont fix this type of brick?

EDIT: ok ok, i think i get u now, maybe i'll practice taking apart my bricked wii if that's all its good for, lol

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The SaveMii method is generally most useful for consoles on earlier firmwares that got region bricked. The thing is, nobody on these boards ever has that problem. Instead they've done things like upgraded/downgraded the wrong IOS to the point where the system menu loading chain is busted. And SaveMii won't help you out of that since it depends on the system menu being able to at least boot up.

There's a link in my sig that tells you the prerequisites to using it to any real degree.

jkaero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone identified a fix or progress for this? I was unfortunately following old instructions trying to get a USB loader to work. I have a v1 WiiKey but I have been unsuccessful so far getting any autoboots to work

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
illinialex24 said:
felixdaman18 said:
xflak40 said:

That won't fix your WII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop throwing out Savmiifrii everywhere.

You need a fucking functioning system menu IOS, which you do not have.

Call Nintendo.

Here comes my personally expierience:
A. You CANT fix a wii with drivekey because you cant run in recovery mode with 4th GC controller ( the drivekey lets you play burned dvds and let them read trough recovery mode, but if you cant enter, your done for)
B. Bootmii as ios, if you got that you could use some tut in the forum (use search button) and prepare to reflash the NAND of your wii (this will unbrick your wii, but if you cant solder/unsolder, this is probably useless). BUT ONLY INSTALLED BOOTMII AS IOS WITHOUT A NAND BACKUP WONT HELP AT ALL!!!, if you have a nand backup, you could use this method, dont got it? FORGET IT!!.
C. Bootmii as Boot2 (i dont think i have to tell this but if you had this, you had already fixed your wii)
D. NINTENDO.
E. Lesson learned?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay