Bricked my N3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Jameshunter, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Jameshunter
    OP

Jameshunter Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2015
    United States
    I tried installing 9.2 files on my 8.1 console and now my 3ds doesnt turn on!!!!! It stays on a black screen any help?

2. miamore

miamore GBAtemp Regular

Feb 24, 2015
    France
    try holding yhe power button for 20 seconds.. then repeat. it might shutdown and power on

3. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    If you have a sysNAND backup, you'll be wanting to get in contact with Avalynn or hundshamer if you're in the US, as your profile country says. or, if you can solder wires yourself, you'll want to be looking at the pinouts: http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Hardware

4. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    do you have a nand backup (sounds like a dumb question, but there has been some people messing with sysnand without one)...... assuming your talking about sysnand you will need a nand mod installed to restore your nand backup

5. Jameshunter
    OP

Jameshunter Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2015
    United States
    No i dont have one, i thought i knew about this, what can i do?

6. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    did you at least set up emunand at some point :huh:

7. Jameshunter
    OP

Jameshunter Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2015
    United States
    No, could nintendo give me another console?

8. netovsk

netovsk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 17, 2015
    Brazil
    They probably will, but forget 9.2 it's likely to be 9.4 or more.

9. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    nope you will of voided your warranty by running anauthorized code on it, you could risk it and try sending it in, but nintendo seem to be more vigilant with repairs now days

last chance saloon might be seeing if you can enter safe mode and update, but you will loose your exploitable FW
    dont suppose you happened to of at least generated your nands xorpads even? you might have a chance to do something if you have depending on what it was you where trying to install

10. Jameshunter
    OP

Jameshunter Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2015
    United States
    Thanks a lot, now i can acces to safe mode. I dont have any nand back up, could it be possible to spoof nintendo server to update to 9,2?

11. davhuit

davhuit GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 23, 2005
    France
    Installing an firmware update either with a rom or 3DNUS without emunand is a 100% brick rate, unfortunately :/

Just wanted to remind that for other peoples. As soon as you have access to Gateway menu, the first thing to do is to dump the nand at least one (twice if you want a security).

Jameshunter : Not really. At least, if you manage to update it with the last firmware, you could always sell it.

12. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    nope not without access to the 3DS homescreen to launch CN and use NTR.......they only way is up.(and even that isnt guaranteed to fix it, but it *should*)

13. Jameshunter
    OP

Jameshunter Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2015
    United States
    Thanks a lot for everyones help, at least my n3ds is working

gamesquest1 likes this.
  14. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    Well that's good, next time (if you get another exploitable console) remember, before messing about with anything especially in sysnand....make a NAND backup, and then make another one just for the sake of it and keep them safe

Jameshunter likes this.
  15. WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? PASTA's dirty animal

Mar 15, 2015
    Poké Ball
    I have like, 5 NAND backups ;). Just sayin....

16. andzalot55

andzalot55 I'm very delicious. mmmm.

Nov 14, 2014
    Canada
    Mc Donalds.
    Either nand mod or try getting another N3DS.

Jameshunter likes this.
  17. Jameshunter
    OP

Jameshunter Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2015
    United States
    Thanks a lot i have two more exploitable consoles but they are old, i thought i knew what i was doing as i alredy owned two more hacked consoles

18. mrGREEK360

mrGREEK360 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 3, 2014
    Canada
    Send in your n3ds into Nintendo the worst thing they can do is send it back not repaired, just send a different sd card, as that's How they know if you console is using gateway. If you used a bigger did card and never used a mod with your old ad card you are in luck as they will know something is up if you send in a blank sad card but for my example if my n3ds ever breaks il send it in with the original Toshiba 4gb micro sd card because I never used a flash cart with it.

IMO you have nothing to loose by sending it in for repair, but if they do repair it the firmware will be updated to the latest version, so no more gateway but you can use SKY3DS on it.

19. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    errrr....yeah late to the party, its already fixed now :P

20. Neptune

Neptune GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 7, 2003
    United States
    Internet
    Where does he say he fixed it?