Bricked my ds while trying to install noflash

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by jaygonx, Jun 9, 2009.

Jun 9, 2009
  1. jaygonx
    OP

Newcomer jaygonx Newbie

Australia
    Hi everyone,

so yeah i was trying to install noflash and i bricked my ds... i have both slot 2 and slot 1 carts, slot 1 being an Acekard 2i and i done some research on how to unbrick it and it says i need to hold start and select when i turn it on but that does... nothing. is there anything i can do?

thanks!
    jaygonx

2. paul3100

Member paul3100 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Not sure about the " hold start & select " but when i bricked my dslite i basically had to go through the steps of flashing my daughters dslite right upto pressing the abab then replaced her bios (ds still turned on) with my bricked bios and then abab and it then reflashed the bios.

Then just took the newly flashed bios out of my daughters and back into my ds and it worked again!

Its perfectly safe by the way to remove the bios chip whilst the dslite is switched on and is the only way to unbrick it as far as i know!, other alternative is to pick up an old/broken dslite that atleast boots up so you know the bios works then replace that with your bricked one.

The program to flash your ds is called flashme and can be found here: http://home.comcast.net/~olimar/flashme/

paul

3. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    If you brick while reverting to your original firmware, then the Start and Select "safety mode", which is a part of FlashMe, obviously isn't going to work.

4. Crass

Member Crass Rock me Dr. Zaius

United States
    Why change the firmware on you're DS if you have a slot-1 card anyways? seems a bit redundant/risky? Do newbs not realize the risk even though theres millions of warnings against fucking with the firmwares?

5. krazykirk

Member krazykirk GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    You can get rid of the safety screen in the beginning, and also it protects the firmware, so if you do somehow manage to download a bricker rom, you can still recover your DS, as the flashme firmware is securely written to the protected area.