Hardware Bricked my 2 weeks old New 3DS XL.

RubyBeats

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

I was installing A9LH on my 3DS but when my downgrade was complete I noticed that I couldn't turn my wi-fi on for the last browser step. I found a other post on reddit that upgrading to a higher firmware and downgrading it again was my only option. I upgraded my system via a game "Super Smash Bros" but then I noticed that my DS stopped working. I tried to soft unbrick it via the soft unbrick method and upated my 3DS to the latest firmware. Now when I power on my New 3DS XL both screens stay black and I can't turn it off only when I remove the battery. When I try to open the soft unbrick method again "L+R+Up+A" nothing happends

Is there any possibility that I can solve this issue? Thanks!

Reactions: guisadop

Rioluwott

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You shouldn´t update a 2.1 new 3ds because it will update to a o3ds frimware you should had to take the battery and wait some time now your 3ds has an old 3ds frimware thats why you bricked
you should hardmod it
next time read the bible guide

Reactions: guisadop and WeedZ

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I was installing A9LH on my 3DS but when my downgrade was complete I noticed that I couldn't turn my wi-fi on for the last browser step. I found a other post on reddit that upgrading to a higher firmware and downgrading it again was my only option. I upgraded my system via a game "Super Smash Bros" but then I noticed that my DS stopped working. I tried to soft unbrick it via the soft unbrick method and upated my 3DS to the latest firmware. Now when I power on my New 3DS XL both screens stay black and I can't turn it off only when I remove the battery. When I try to open the soft unbrick method again "L+R+Up+A" nothing happends

Is there any possibility that I can solve this issue? Thanks!
The above person already said most of this, but oddly worded. Your only option at this point is to get a hard mod. When you downgrade a new 3ds to 2.1, ita actually an old 3ds firmware, modified to work on new. If you update normally instead of restoring your NAND backup, it tries to uodate to the latest old 3ds firmware. Since there are no hacks making it work for new this time, it bricks you. If this happens again in the future, the solution is to turn the system off (do NOT put it into sleep mode) and remove the battery for a few min. This will reset the wifi to the default on setting.

If you try this again use this guide, assuming you weren't this time.
https://3ds.guide

RubyBeats

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the fast reply's really appreciate it.
Not sure If I want to invest time and money in a Hardmod, I do have a NAND backup though it's maybe time to buy a new 3ds xl again :unsure:

Oh well....getting smarter everyday (ish)

Last edited by RubyBeats,

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure If I want to invest time and money in a Hardmod, I do have a NAND backup though it's maybe time to buy a new 3ds xl again :unsure:

LOLz you are deciding to buy a new 3ds over hardmodding or paying someone to hardmod? Doesn't sound very smart.

Without hardmod you are deciding on having a very expensive paper weight...

CaptainKyle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

A hardmod is like $40-50 dollars , so ur just wasting ur money

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You shouldn´t update a 2.1 new 3ds because it will update to a o3ds frimware you should had to take the battery and wait some time now your 3ds has an old 3ds frimware thats why you bricked
you should hardmod it
next time read the bible guide
1hb75r.jpg

RubyBeats

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do it yourself its cheap asf
You are right, doing it yourself is cheap but last time I held a soldering iron I almost burned a hole in my hand :P
Found a guy on gbatemp who can do it for a good price, so I think I will send my 3DS to him when I am back from my vacation.

Ps: I am gonna buy a new "new 3ds xl" anyway because I also want a blue one ^_^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0