Bricked 4.U wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by DarkLG, Jul 26, 2009.

Jul 26, 2009

Bricked 4.U wii by DarkLG at 7:28 PM (1,051 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. DarkLG
    OP

Member DarkLG Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!

United States
    Ok my friend bricked his wii yesterday and brought it to me.He tried follow the offline ultimate 4.0 guide and well he installed all the ios's correctly.Then he said he installed cios60 and it still worked.But when he tried installing the cioscorp files that well he got a brick and he told me he tried removing them all and he removed the cios60 and now the console only boots to a black screen and he can't use preloader or anything.What i'm asking is ...is there a way to unbrick his 4.0U wii???

2. jabmaster2

Member jabmaster2 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    unless he installed bootmii as boot2 probably not. because he uninstalled system ios which is worse thing to do. so hes pretty much sol

3. Petewithf33t

Newcomer Petewithf33t Newbie

United Kingdom
  4. HiBit

Member HiBit GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Only if you can start the recovery mode with SaveMii or SaveMiiFrii and there is a trucha [c]IOS installed.

If you have all this ^^(i think not, but if you have a GC controller u can try it) you can use a autoboot dvd with tools like wadmanager.

5. Digital1980

Member Digital1980 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    never EVER delete an IOS. Just overwrite them. [​IMG]

6. Lothlorian

Member Lothlorian GBAtemp Regular

United States
    He is SOL. CIOSCORP causes a brick when it is installed because Pre loader uses the same IOS. To fix that brick I think all he needed to do was reinstal Pre - Loader and things would have been fine.

Your friend Removed IOS60 and tried to reboot the system.. BIG BIG mistake. The System Menu uses IOS60 and if it is not on the Wii then... BRICK. His Wii can be used for spare parts or sent to Ninty for repair. SAVEMII is worth a shot i guess. You can do no further harm to the Wii in its condition so what the hell give it a shot.

7. DarkLG
    OP

United States
    Um ya he didn't install bootmii and preloader stopped workig cause he uninstalled cios60 ..um if I used the savemii trick which im forgetting how you do it.?Would anything disc boot up or what he installed ciosrev10 I think and um if I did get it to work what would I ned 2 install ???

Posts merged

Um ya he didn't install bootmii and preloader stopped workig cause he uninstalled cios60 ..um if I used the savemii trick which im forgetting how you do it.?Would anything disc boot up or what he installed ciosrev10 I think and um if I did get it to work what would I ned 2 install ???

8. victory144

Newcomer victory144 Advanced Member

Venezuela
    you can try SaveMiiFree ..with GameCube Control ... If thats boot, then you can repair that .. if not ....you'll never be able to repair that ....

9. DarkLG
    OP

United States
    I know to use the savemii free you connect it to port 4 and then hold down the pad until a blue screen boots up saying 4.0U on the side but wouldn't I need a wii game witht he 4.1 update.?

10. DarkLG
    OP

United States
    Ok I think I figured it out.He has a low level brick which I think is unfixable right?