BrickBlocker

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by roup, Dec 13, 2008.

Dec 13, 2008

BrickBlocker by roup at 3:31 PM (1,014 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. roup
    OP

Newcomer roup Member

Canada
    Is there any chance to Brick you Wii if you use Brickblocker on every ISO file (PAL and NTSC).

I'm really new to the WII scene and havn't played many games. If I understand correctly, some games will initiate an update to your Wii but will give you the option (yes or no) and if you're not sure whether the game is of the same region as your system you can, and should, exit out (i.e. not accept the update). Is this correct?

Will Brickblocker eliminate the games (any region) from tyring to update your system all together?

Thanks in advance for the info!! [​IMG]

2. Distrance

Member Distrance GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    Are you using BackupLauncher Gamma ? As I understood it, this channel already prevents updates so you are safe. If you have Starfall, you're safe aswell. If you don't use neither.. Then just in case, you need to use BrickBlocker. Not like it requires much work anyway...

And, if you're on 3.2E/U, you should never update anyway as this is the ideal firmware to have..

3. MADKATZ99

Member MADKATZ99 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    yeah, brickblocker and regionfrii are the king. None of this new fangled gecko rubbish. but as long as you have the most up to date firmware from your own region, my understanding is even if you do update from a foreign regions disk it won't brick your wii, but don't take my word for it

4. Slimmmmmm

Member Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

United Kingdom
    Agreed, I wouldnt want people to take your word for it as installing updates from a different region can cause soooo many problems, and yes even brick a wii.

5. roup
    OP

Newcomer roup Member

Canada

yes, I'm using Backup Launcher Gamma and Starfall but I've still be BBlocking every ISO. You're right...it's not a big deal...just trying to become more informed as I'm very new to the scene. Thanks for the info.

6. ComplicatioN

Member ComplicatioN Broken Barriers

Australia
    Na it won't hurt the wii but its better to only brick block the ones with updates