Brick

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by kumikochan, Aug 25, 2016.

1. kumikochan
    OP

kumikochan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    one of my 3ds's is a brick installing a9hl
    I made a backup emunand and nand, i was at the last step moving entire SD over to pc before formatting SD again. I didn't see a transfer window anymore so i thought everything was finished transfering so i formatted the SD but when i wanted to transfer the contents back from my PC to SD I saw my pc didn't transfer anything from the SD to the PC so i'm lacking the files on the last step to boot the 3DS since it doesn't boot anymore.

2. trinhno

trinhno GBAtemp Regular

Aug 5, 2015
    Senegal
    Which step did you stop at?

3. kumikochan
    OP

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    Step 3 transfering emunand to Nand. Somewhere at the last stap where it Said to format the sd again

4. pbanj

pbanj The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    in a ziploc
    so you already installed a9lh? if yes you need the arm9loaderhax.bin on your sd card. the system is not bricked -_-

Quantumcat and Anthony D'Amico like this.
  5. kumikochan
    OP

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    Have it. Blue light turns on for a second.
    Lmao i double checked since i remember putting the file back on SD but accidently dragged it in 2 a folder

6. ADS3500

ADS3500 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 27, 2016
    Canada
    The blue light is supposed to turn on for a second. If you want the system to turn on, you'll have to restore a nand backup, but since it seems like you don't have one, you have to uninstall A9LH, upgrade to 9.2, make a nand backup, then downgrade to 2.1 again.

7. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada

actually not anymore. If A9LH is installed, they can just use the ctrnand autotransfer option in Decrypt9 with a 9.2 ctrnand and that should allow OP to boot if they have A9LH installed and have the proper arm9loaderhax.bin

XRaTiX, ADS3500 and Ricken like this.
  8. pbanj

pbanj The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    in a ziploc
    so its booting now i take it lol

9. kumikochan
    OP

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    I have backups, It's a 3ds i had laying around and not the one i'm currently using anyway it got fixed
    Yeah dumb mistake. Have multiple systems on al9h but misplaced the file in a folder accidently lol