Hacking Brick?

• Thread starter PaiiNSteven
  • Start date
  • Views 2,240
  • Replies 23
P

PaiiNSteven

OP
I know, this reply doesn't help you in the least, but that was somewhat foolish (don't be offended...).
  1. I understand why you did the downgrade from 10.3 to 9.2, even though I would recommend any user to wait with that now, until the exploit is more stable. As things are now, everyone is a guinea pig.
  2. I don't understand why you did the downgrade to 4.x. There is really no use at all with that now. Or is it? Plus, GWs downgrade routines are dirty and dangerous and - at best - leave a mess in your NAND that can only be manually cleaned up. Using the GW downgrade routines after another dangerous operation actually increases the risk of something going wrong. Even if you did everything right.
I hope you'll get this fixed. Be careful...
I see what your saying (dont worry, im not offended :) )
The thing is I didnt even make the downgrade, much less make any changes to my NAND. I just attempted without the downgrade file, gateway blocked me from dowgrading until i had it, and now I cant even turn on my 3DS. Maybe I should have used BBM...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

what model is it? the XL isnt too bad for people who have moderate experience soldering, the smaller o3DS is trickier, unless you already have soldering gear you would probably be not much worse off having it done by someone else.....even if you ask around for friends/family who can do it.

basically the nand mod isn't the beginners choice for learning to solder unless you really dont care if you screw it up permanently :)
Its XL. Now since you made that comment... ;-; I better be extra careful or im out of $250.

mitros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi, im sorry to intrude

Im planing to downgrade my 3DSXL 10.3 and isntall rxtool; I understand that to achieve that I need to be in the 4.X,
but from what I have read in this post, this version (4.X) is unnecessary and may cause a brick?

(sorry for my english and intruding:unsure:)

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, im sorry to intrude

Im planing to downgrade my 3DSXL 10.3 and isntall rxtool; I understand that to achieve that I need to be in the 4.X,
but from what I have read in this post, this version (4.X) is unnecessary and may cause a brick?

(sorry for my english and intruding:unsure:)
You do not need 4.x just 9.2 no one should be on 4.x

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry: