Hacking Brick Proof Wii

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
People bricking their Wiis by restoring nand backup? Do you have any links? Usually you restore the nand from a backup to recover from a brick, which is acutally not really a brick if you still get into BootMii. Also if the nand restore fails, as long as you get can into BootMii, you have a way to fix the problem.

cv65user

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have installed bootmii as ios as wouldnt install as boot2. when i press home on hbc and try to load bootmii my dvdrom blue light just flashes? means i have an imcompatible sd card? but its only 1gb san disk sd card.

how can i unistall it now ? because it obviously doesnt work for me .

carbonyle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
cv65user said:
i have installed bootmii as ios as wouldnt install as boot2. when i press home on hbc and try to load bootmii my dvdrom blue light just flashes? means i have an imcompatible sd card? but its only 1gb san disk sd card.

how can i unistall it now ? because it obviously doesnt work for me .
To uninstall bootmii as IOS just delete IOS254 with ATD (use redsquirrel mod: you cannot delete IOS used by systemmenu (but be carefull!!!! ATD is great but not for n00bs)

Nada

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
WiiPower said:
People bricking their Wiis by restoring nand backup? Do you have any links? Usually you restore the nand from a backup to recover from a brick, which is acutally not really a brick if you still get into BootMii. Also if the nand restore fails, as long as you get can into BootMii, you have a way to fix the problem.

Yeah the link is in my post (the underlined word NAND where I'm also talking about it), but it was just an example of a few things I read. Now of course this is totally normal as people always will have different situations leading to problems and the tool is still beta, but that's why I'm wondering if just waiting for a final release wouldn't be safer. Personally I'm sort of in a stuck position, as I don't want to update to 4.0 without being safe and don't want to install bootmii in it's current state^^ But that's just me:)

Edit: I meant this link

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The 1st one at this link did not respond to the asked questions == no problem. And the 2nd one, well the question is if he is still able to start BootMii. But maybe it's not working as it should, ok.

cv65user

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do i not just run hackmii again and select uninstll instead ?

i am a bit curious to as whether if i had installed bootmii correctly in the first place . as the only way or option for me to load bootmii is to load hbc then press the home button on wii mote then it will show up as an option in the menu - is this correct ?

because i canot see how deleting ios 254 with ATD will remove the option in my hbc menu ?

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
supagusti said:
NUS downloader is used for getting files from N update server and pack them in a wad file.
So the answer is yes. Any program that modifies your nand can cause a brick.
But the probability is not very high.

Well, this is technically false. NUSD runs on the PC, and downloads files and optionally generates wads, and decrypts them if you want it to.

It doesn't run on the wii, so it wouldn't be able to brick it.

Now, WAD Manager, which runs on the Wii, would allow you to theoretically brick if something went wrong installing the wads generated from NUSD.

So, NUSD by itself cannot brick the wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1