brick magically recovered itself on old 3ds

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by run1492, Feb 18, 2017.

1. run1492
    OP

run1492 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 21, 2009
    Hello,

Two weeks ago, my daughter told me that she was playing Mario Maker on our old 3ds, and the screen went blue with the following message:

BOOTROM 8046

ERRCODE: 00F800FE

00000000 00000000

00000008 00000000

I have luma3ds 6.2.3 booting sysnand by default on firmware 11.2.0-35E

A year ago I messed up the console so I reflashed the nand using a hardmod. Since two weeks ago, it worked flawlessly until the blue screen reappeared as I said before.

She told me that she was not making updates to the console nor to any particular game.

That sounded weird to me, but the only way to recover the console was to remake the nand flashing again, as I left tiny cables attached to the required points.

When I opened the console again I found that one point got a little bit damaged, so I worked up my courage and got prepared to try resoldering. At first, I didn’t succeed so I left that for a better time.

Today, my surprise has been great, as I restarted the console and it booted well again, without reflashing it. I cannot explain why…

So, I have some questions:

1- Is it possible for the console to brick like this just playing Mario maker ? I don’t think so.

2- Could it have been produced by some defective soldiering making a short circuit ? I think It could be as I’ve tried to resoldier some part without ending up reflashing. Or is it that the console recovered itself after being unpowered for some days (I’ve disconnected its battery) ?

3- Anyone knows if my version for luma3ds is having this kind of issues with the latest firmwares for the 3ds ?

4- Anyone has a list with a complete list for errors ? just trying to know wat exactly is that error I was getting (I know that 8046 is for nand wasn’t found, but the rest of the numbers are giving more unknown info).

Thanks in advance !

2. GizmoTheGreen

GizmoTheGreen GBAtemp Fan

Oct 8, 2009
    why are you still on that old luma? update it to 6.6 won't hurt anything.

and if you left cables in there ofcourse they could have shorted something out after dangling around for a while.

3. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal Kirigiri > Naoto

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    It sounds like a hardware issue. 3DS doesn't brick magically.

4. run1492
    OP

run1492 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 21, 2009