Brawl workaround help: installing rev10 as IOS222?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by swarmster, Jul 29, 2009.

1. swarmster

Newcomer swarmster Advanced Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Waninkoko's rev14 sounds great, but the whole Brawl being left unplayable thing is a big problem for me. (It's confirmed that it's not just the intro video that locks up, right? The single player campaign is also rendered unplayable because of the videos?)

As a workaround I'd like to install Waninkoko's rev10 (my current cIOS of choice) as IOS222. Then I can have GX load Brawl with that instead. It would also give me an out in case other games act up, like the people with weird House of the Dead problems.

So, are there any installers available that would let me install rev10 wherever I want? I don't want to bother with the Hermes cIOS because a) it's never been clear to me which rev is which and apparently most of them don't work with most loaders, and b) I don't want to "mix-and-match" across authors as I don't really trust that there will be no conflicts (people in the GX thread seem to be saying Hermes needs to be reinstalled after rev14, for example).

Could someone more familiar with the various installers please suggest an install process?

Thank you!