Gaming Brawl Leak Checker

kagelump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dont have a wii, no desire to even try Brawl. However I just have a question for the OP, why hawk refs for usenet-news on GBAtemp, I am not sure its such a good idea, i mean usenet has a greasy underside that really i dont think people with little to no experiance can really grasp... its like your advertising poison, unless your the one who will teach them about it and answer all the potential questions that may come up...

For me it's pretty straightforward, and I'm relatively new at this. Grab an NZB, import into my client, check for errors, fix if necessary, unpack, and do whatever is to be done with it. On my connection the entire process is still several times faster than torrenting.
wink2.gif

seconded
with all the automated usenet viewers, it doesn't seem much harder to use than torrents

tic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bleugh this program is horrible. its ugly, has no multithreading, so freezes when it downloads and is user unfriendly. it would take less than 5 minutes to make a better version that would work with all games and have a nicer gui that will let you input update interval and the game to check for, and wouldnt have to unpack a load of horrible dlls and icons, and it comes up with an error on my comp:
"Failed to create Direct Music Performance."

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
bleugh this program is horrible. its ugly, has no multithreading, so freezes when it downloads and is user unfriendly. it would take less than 5 minutes to make a better version that would work with all games and have a nicer gui that will let you input update interval and the game to check for, and wouldnt have to unpack a load of horrible dlls and icons, and it comes up with an error on my comp:

Woah, calm down
ohmy.gif

tic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
actually, sorry. I didnt mean to be so nasty. I program for a living and sometimes get carried away....

I'm off to the pub now, but I'll knock something up when I get back. For such a simple program I would use ahk (thats how 5 minutes would be possible
smile.gif
)
Catch you when I'm back....

ShortFuse

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Things to do while you wait:

1) Upgrade your drivechip to latest firmware.
2) Upgrade your wii to latest firmware
3) Unscrew your old old gamecube controllers and clean out the junk from the analog sticks and bend the Z-Button's metal flap back up so it's more responsive.
4) Buy another gamecube controller
5) Buy a Wii Lan Adapter for less lag with online play.

castillo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

Hey, maybe you can help me.. I made my Leak Checker in python with support to change game name, platform and delay.. When the game is leaked it starts beeping forever, until I do a KeyboardInterrup (Ctrl+C).. I want to improve it by stop the beeping after any key is pressed. I can't do it in the same thread, cause the program would stop while waiting for the input.
So I thought about creating a new thread to listen the keyboard while the original thread would keep beeping. But I'm not used to multi-threading in python.. can you give me some help? Or another aproach to this case?
Thank you!
smile.gif

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
actually, sorry. I didnt mean to be so nasty. I program for a living and sometimes get carried away....

I'm off to the pub now, but I'll knock something up when I get back. For such a simple program I would use ahk (thats how 5 minutes would be possible
smile.gif
)
Catch you when I'm back....

If someone doesn't beat you to it
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: LTT also did it