Hacking Brawl backup question =(

Kestol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everybody,

First off... I know everybody is tired of answering the same questions over and over again....
But since some noobs always come with doubt about some questions in the main topics... Newbies like me get confused
wacko.gif

So maybe u could just help me this one time
wink.gif
(And eventuelly the topic could be pinned to stop further questions
lecture.gif

Well here we go:

As we all know the only release yet is the single layer J version of brawl... It's abit buggy but most modes are aviable.
And that this is a DVD 5 release (DVD + R or -R)

1. When inserting the DVD 5 release, does it damage your wii in any when when updating to 100%? ( I Know about the Dual channels, so do they do anything bad? Since i'm not in the mood to do the MP3 trick^^)

2. Does the update do anything to my firmware? Changes in the wii config menu or anything?

3. Will this update affect other releases? DL BRAWL (J), DL NTSC (U), Retail PAL? (Just what you think, since other versions arent aviable ATM)

Wuschmaster

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i heard the update breaks your wii's dl dvd support if run from single layer version, so u will probably not be able to play the original game anymore after playing the illegal copy or something

livefigga

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah if I were you I'd just wait for the US version to be on the safe side, no one knows at this point if upgrading to the japanese firmware will damage their Wii in the long run. Guess we'll find out in a months time though, my advice is to just be patient though.

mwaddoups

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I have a clone wiikey that couldn't run the 1.9g update, so is unlikely to be able to run whatever update to run the dual layer version. It is a JAP wii though, so can anyone confirm DL support is actually lost?

Kestol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well... It's hard to be patient with this game =)

But still... I cant really imaging it breaking the Wii's DL support...
But well... we'll c

UXSam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just update. Once they have a new Wii Firmware, it'll fix all of those.

mwaddoups said:
i heard the update breaks your wii's dl dvd support if run from single layer version, so u will probably not be able to play the original game anymore after playing the illegal copy or something

Where did you hear this???

Kestol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why do some people say dual channels = semi brick?
Semi brick was when the wii settings menu wasnt accesible if i'm right...
SO CAN A SEMI BRICK HAPPEN WHEN GETTING DUAL CHANNELS OR NOT?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Just slow the song down and boom, instant meme +1