Bravely Default

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by MSearles, Mar 30, 2016.

1. MSearles
    OP

MSearles GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    I played Bravely Default for just over 60 hours. Most of it was spent grinding. I was able to rebuild the town fairly soon and ended up with 99 villagers. I only just started chapter 2. All of my characters were at level 60. When I reached that level, I started progressing through the story line, and that's when I found out that the story line didn't really appeal to me. It was boring. I spent 60 hours playing a game just for the grinding. I've since stopped playing...

I just wanted to share that.

Last edited by MSearles, Mar 30, 2016
  2. fr3quency

fr3quency GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 11, 2016
    Greece
    Wherever my imagination decides.
    Bravely Default is a really great game. You have already spent 60 hours, why don't you continue playing up to Chapter 4 and see for yourself?

exangel likes this.
  3. MSearles
    OP

MSearles GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    I still have my saved game. But I read a review that you have to defeat the same bosses multiple times. That can't be fun right?

4. fr3quency

Jan 11, 2016
    Greece
    The review you read is right and please put it inside [ spoiler ] [ / spoiler ] so you won't ruin the fun for people that may play the game in the future. :P

To tell you the truth, it was kind of a let-down at the beginning, but there are differences in the fights. Maybe not in the first re-battle, but on the 2nd, 3rd etc you will see the story changes.
    You are high enough(level-wise) to beat them. Or just go straight to the orange mark on your map so you won't have to re-battle the bosses. I'd tell you though to do so. I'm on Chapter 8 with 95 hours + 99lv. and it's fking hard. xD I can't defeat those bosses.

Last edited by fr3quency, Mar 30, 2016
  5. exangel

exangel executioner angel

Apr 20, 2010
    United States
    Tucson, AZ
    I've beaten the game twice and have a new game + that is mid-game but I'm not surprised by your post, although the number of jobs you have available to level up before chapter 2 makes for a boring 60 levels. The combat system is great for grinding. I didn't even use "auto" battle at all my first playthrough because I buttonmashed through the tip that mentioned it.

I love the boss fights in this game a little more than the story itself, and I like changing up my jobs a lot. This game reminds me a lot of Final Fantasy 5, which I think has a better story but grinding AP is so tedious compared to Bravely Default's JP which is easy enough to accrue especially if you do all the side bosses or get chain Unscathed random battles.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

6. Potato hoarder

Potato hoarder Hoarder of Potatoes

Feb 2, 2016
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    I used a broken team setup and beat the final final boss without taking a single hit. Even the ba'als were easy!

7. fr3quency

Jan 11, 2016
    Greece
    Lies, video or it didn't happen. :P

8. Potato hoarder

Feb 2, 2016
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    I could send a pic of my team and what I did. I rarely got hit. I had a safety net over a safety net over about 5 more safety nets. Literally nothing can defeat my team but the counter ability.

9. fr3quency

Jan 11, 2016
    Greece
    Care to tell me job and equipped items? Or even better take a pic.I'm stuck at Chapter 8
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

10. Edrian

Edrian Ello

Feb 22, 2016
    Belize
    Turtle Dove one though xP

11. Potato hoarder

Feb 2, 2016
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Broken ass team