Hacking Brand New PSP

Helix94

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, today is my birthday, and I will be receiving a PSP(3.90 M33) tomorrow. What do I need to be able to run PSP and PSX ISOs. If I understand correctly, all I need is a memory stick(does it have to be Sony?). However, I don't know what to buy to be able to read the memory stick in my computer. I assume I need a mem stick reader or something.

Ryoku

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If it's already got CFW, then all you need is a nice sized memory stick. It doesn't have to be sony. You don't NEED to have a memory stick reader, but I guess it'd be nice to have one?

Arsic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Most people just use the USB cable. Don't know about you, but I have a ton of those things lying around from other devices.

Seastars

Trophies
XP
Country
I am in the same boat as the original poster (got myself a psp through a deal) and have a few questions. If I just want to run emulators and a few PS1 games do I need to hardmod (Pandora?) my battery because anything like that and i'm butterfingers.

Is there any need to mess with the Hardware at all? What do I need to run actual PSP backups?

Thanks In Advance

Edit: And what is CFW?

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gaspar said:
I am in the same boat as the original poster (got myself a psp through a deal) and have a few questions. If I just want to run emulators and a few PS1 games do I need to hardmod (Pandora?) my battery because anything like that and i'm butterfingers.

Is there any need to mess with the Hardware at all? What do I need to run actual PSP backups?

Thanks In Advance

Edit: And what is CFW?
afaik if you only have one psp with you and it happens to not be a cfw psp then you DO need to physically mod the battery. Course, it's been a long time since I've payed attention to the modding scene, but I'm sure I'm right with this one.

After you've got your cfw psp all you need to do is copy emulators to your psp's memsick and play away.

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
If you really think you're too butterfingers, then you could buy an overpriced Datel Tool Battery (commercial Pandora's Battery) from Divineo with high shipping. I had to do it, but I don't regret it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: