Hacking Brand new 3DS XL... what Firmware Version?

theangelicdaemon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm considering buying a 3DS XL at target because they have the deal for $50 off, but the reason I'm looking for one is that I just got a Gateway card only to realize that my DS is at the 6.6 version of the Firmware, sooooo... no Gateway usage for me! D:

But my thoughts are... what version do you think a brand new one would be at, maybe it was actually manufactured before the update? Does it say somewhere on the box perhaps? Just wondering if anyone would have any idea.

Thanks much!

Dont Worry About it

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Gateway update is confirmed to support 7.0-9.2, which means you can borrow a cart of a game that has an update to 8.0 to use the update (Super Smash Bros has it for example - get it used at gamestop and then return it!).
It is speculated that the update will support 4.0 - 9.2, but we're not sure yet.

don't buy another 3ds!

theangelicdaemon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ooooh! Thanks for the tip! I'd kinda like to get the XL anyway, so if someone has some insight that'd be awesome, but it's good to know if that fails that I have a backup plan :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since