Hardware brand new 3ds problem help!

pikachu945

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got my 3ds less then an hour its really awesome but when I open it it makes a clicking noise
is my hinge bad?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Fix would be to use an outer shell, one with it's own hinge. Most shells have hinges that restrict the motion of the normal 3DS hinge.

IMG_150901b.jpg

Most crystal shells will use hinges to attach the top with the bottom.

Drawback is that you will have to live with the low battery life and not being able to use the charging dock for the 3DS.

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you mean that when you open the system all the way, the hinge snaps into place and makes a soft clicking sound? If so, you have nothing to worry about. All of the Nintendo clamshell handhelds (The GBA SP and all 3 models of DS) have all done that, and it is part of the normal operation of the system. Unless you stand there and just open and close the thing until it breaks, there is little chance that normal operation will damage your system.

If you mean that the system makes a clicking sound at other times when you are opening it, or if the sound is loud enough to be concerning, that may be a sign of a manufacturing defect.

dulume

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Pleeeeease stop whining about this hinge thing, I'm getting pissed by this everlasting discussion. The problem of the 3ds is the lack of games. Period.

(and of course the issue I posted earlier about the system turning off while in sleepmode and that apparently no one cares about, even though apparently a lot of people are experiencing and that it seems to me like a real problem).

You sound like old ladies complaining about anything to get attention.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker