Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello
so today, I come with a bad news
for the past 10 years (around this number) a game called wc3 got some kind of revolution
you see, nearly all custom games were hosted by bots
those bots were much more usefull than hosting a game by yourself, through wc3 client
there was that site called www.EntGaming.net
they were hosting most of these hostbot on their server
but they also provided a ranking system on most of these
And also, they protected players from troll/cheaters
You see, when a player were cheating/trolling/game throwing/flaming/etc, you could report him/her on the website, and moderator could ban the player for a certain amount of time. Hours. Days. Weeks. Or even month if you cause too much trouble.
You see, when you dont use those bots, there are 0 ranking system, 0 protection against game thrower, because you can kick in game lobby, but not in game, and sometime, it's too late for kicking them

Why do I say #BoycottBlizzard?
It's because they want to release a new patch on wc3
previously, Ent was able to fix their bot and launch them back on Battle.net
But this time, they won't be able to...
Blizzard explicitly said this patch was to take down those bots
Those bots are hosting more than 95% of all custom games
Nearly no one were hosting through the wc3 client

You see, once those bots are down, wc3 will be totally dead
It was already for the past few years (2 or 3) but this time, it will be definitly
Without those bots, the few thousands of remaining players of wc3 will be forced to move to others/newers games such as World of Warcraft or Starcraft II

I saw this hashtag on Battle.net website, and I decided to post it here
If you support us, go post on their forum and help jus fighting this patch
If you want to support us even more (no need to go this far) boycott Activision Blizzard's games such as WOW, Heroes, Overwatch, or SC2...
I know much of you don't play Warcraft III, but we need to stop Blizzard from releasing this patch...
Thank you

EntGaming post about bots shut down
Blizzard forum

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So if I get this straight...

You want us all to abandon everything made by blizzard (and Activision as well, I assume) because they're about to release a patch for a ten year old game that would still be playable... Just not by using bots.

Oh, and the game (using bots) is already been dead for a couple years, so there's not really anyone caring about this way to begin with (a hint : if you want to support warcraft 3, don't abbreviate it. It sends a "I don't fucking care for this game either" between the lines, even if you don't intend to).

Correct?

If so : no. I don't buy much blizzard games lately, but even so I'm not going to stop buying games from them over something this petty. More so : I'll look down on those that do. You've got a great run for ten whole years (okay, eight). I understand you don't want it taken away (despite your actions showing otherwise), but is that really how you want to thank a company that made this possible in the first place? A rally for a boycott?

Freaking get over it.

Last edited by Taleweaver,

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
If you don’t like what a company has done, send them a polite email expressing your feelings. If you choose to, you can vote with your wallet by not buying any further games from them.

However asking others to boycott feels like telling them what to do/think... and that makes me feel like you’re being an ungrateful consumer who expects to be spoon fed on demand and everything made to order.

Devs make games either because they have a passion for what they’re creating, or are trying to run a business that makes money. They don’t make games for you, they make it for themselves.

Anyway, that’s what I think. Feel free to have your own opinion.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think I've been misunderstood
I just saw that hashtag on battle.net forum
Personally, I'm not going to boycott blizzard, I really love SC2 as well
I'm not telling anyone to boycott blizzards games, it's just that I saw that hashtag
thats all

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Are there only good useful bots like the ones you describe? Or are there malicious ones as well?

If the latter kind exists I could see why Blizzard would take a stance against bots.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are there only good useful bots like the ones you describe? Or are there malicious ones as well?

If the latter kind exists I could see why Blizzard would take a stance against bots.
nonono, well, there do are malicious bots (spam bots)
but those spam bots are using a totally different program
Blizzard explicitly said it was hostbot that would be targeted
Hostbots are good, very good

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello
so today, I come with a bad news
for the past 10 years (around this number) a game called wc3 got some kind of revolution
you see, nearly all custom games were hosted by bots
those bots were much more usefull than hosting a game by yourself, through wc3 client
there was that site called www.EntGaming.net
they were hosting most of these hostbot on their server
but they also provided a ranking system on most of these
And also, they protected players from troll/cheaters
You see, when a player were cheating/trolling/game throwing/flaming/etc, you could report him/her on the website, and moderator could ban the player for a certain amount of time. Hours. Days. Weeks. Or even month if you cause too much trouble.
You see, when you dont use those bots, there are 0 ranking system, 0 protection against game thrower, because you can kick in game lobby, but not in game, and sometime, it's too late for kicking them

Why do I say #BoycottBlizzard?
It's because they want to release a new patch on wc3
previously, Ent was able to fix their bot and launch them back on Battle.net
But this time, they won't be able to...
Blizzard explicitly said this patch was to take down those bots
Those bots are hosting more than 95% of all custom games
Nearly no one were hosting through the wc3 client

You see, once those bots are down, wc3 will be totally dead
It was already for the past few years (2 or 3) but this time, it will be definitly
Without those bots, the few thousands of remaining players of wc3 will be forced to move to others/newers games such as World of Warcraft or Starcraft II

I saw this hashtag on Battle.net website, and I decided to post it here
If you support us, go post on their forum and help jus fighting this patch
If you want to support us even more (no need to go this far) boycott Activision Blizzard's games such as WOW, Heroes, Overwatch, or SC2...
I know much of you don't play Warcraft III, but we need to stop Blizzard from releasing this patch...
Thank you

EntGaming post about bots shut down
Blizzard forum
No worries, there are private servers for Battle.net as well ;)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I think I've been misunderstood
I just saw that hashtag on battle.net forum
Personally, I'm not going to boycott blizzard, I really love SC2 as well
I'm not telling anyone to boycott blizzards games, it's just that I saw that hashtag
thats all
Erm...we didn't misunderstood you. This post is a direct opposite of your OP, where you talk about an "us" and "we" in the context of the rally for a boycott of blizzard. So either you changed your opinion on a whim (never a good idea if you want people to follow your idea) or you did a lousy copy-paste job of someone else's post. :unsure:
not totally, but if they release this patch
there will be high chance that it will definitly be :(
You mean...if they release this patch, there's a high chance that it will REMAIN dead? :unsure:

Again: from the OP, I get that those hardcore WC3 players already left to play other blizzard products two years ago. Why would they come back if they aren't playing the game anymore to begin with? And more importantly: why would others boycott blizzard games when these hardcore gamers didn't do that in the first place?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2