Bought Vita, what should I know?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by szczuru, Oct 7, 2015.

1. szczuru
    OP

szczuru Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2014
    Poland
    Poland
    As in title, I've bought Vita yesterday (It'll take few days to arrive me). Fat with 3G so what should i know, what should i need to do or don't? Idk which FW is installed but i hope it's 3.52 or lower. Btw in this article:
    http://wololo.net/2015/10/04/tutori...stom-bubbles-without-an-exploitable-psp-game/

Author said that I need to have one PSP game - can I access to PSS on 3.52 and buy it? What about Revitalize, can I use it or i'm late?

Last edited by szczuru, Oct 7, 2015

2. yondaiime

yondaiime Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2008
    Brazil
    Barueri
    Okay,
    1) If you are 3.52 or lower, DO NOT UPDATE, you will lose rejuvenate. Rejuvenate is a PS Vita native homebrew platform (so it can run homebrew with more CPU power than PSP homebrew).
    2) The only way to get a PSP game right now is in PS Store (that requires to update, so forget that) or transfering from a PS3. So, without a PS3, no way to load all those nice PSP and Playstation games. Unless you give up on rejuvenate.

I'm now in this very same situation. I'm waiting for a solution to get a PSP game without PS3 or updating.

Last edited by yondaiime, Oct 7, 2015
    szczuru likes this.
  3. szczuru
    OP

szczuru Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2014
    Poland
    Poland
    Ok, Thanks :) So i think i'll sacrifice one of my IDPS to transfer PSX game from PS3 ;) So i need to create and login with same account on both systems, but will I be able to transfer game from PS3->Vita without updating Vita?

What about later? In theory - I have Vita on 3.52, with ARK installed - can I use Rejuvenate?

Last edited by szczuru, Oct 7, 2015
  4. yondaiime

yondaiime Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2008
    Brazil
    Barueri
    Yes, you must install Rejuvenate for future Vita-only homebrew. Oh, but you gotta research about how to transfer games from your ps3 to vita without update issues (or how bypass them). I know nothing about this process.

Last edited by yondaiime, Oct 8, 2015
  5. Arif

Arif GBAtemp Regular

Feb 12, 2006
    Netherlands
  6. cracker

cracker Nyah!

Aug 24, 2005
    United States
    You can download games/demos by going onto the PS store and buying them then going to your download list and choosing to download to your Vita. Then leave your Vita in sleep mode (while connected to the internet obviously) and they will download to it.

You WILL get an upgrade nag doing this but that can be dismissed. You can remove the update by turning the Vita off, hold the right trigger, PS button and power button until the recovery menu comes up. Then choose rebuild database.

7. TehCupcakes

TehCupcakes GBAtemp Regular

Apr 5, 2013
    United States
    Unfortunately, you're wrong. Rejuvenate is for firmware 3.51 and lower. You cannot get Rejuvenate on 3.52 currently. 3.55 patched the mail hack so there is nothing on 3.55 yet.

Let me put it this way:

FW 3.51:
    - Requires a PSP game on your Vita to hack.
    - Rejuvenate (native homebrew & emulators)
    - PSP roms
    - PSP-mode homebrew & emulators

FW 3.52:
    - Requires a PSP game on your Vita to hack.
    - PSP roms
    - PSP-mode homebrew & emulators
    - You can wait and hope for a hack that doesn't require a PSP game (not likely).

FW 3.55 (current):
    - No hacks currently available.
    - Access to PSN features
    - You can purchase and download a PSP game from the store, then hope a hack comes out for FW 3.55.

If you have no intentions of buying a PS3... Either way, you're taking your chances on hoping for a hack that doesn't yet exist. Earlier firmwares were hacked due to vulnerabilities in the PSP emulation, as it is significantly harder to find an exploit that gives access to the main Vita. (Rejuvenate uses an exploit in PSM, which was removed in 3.52). For firmwares 3.52+, I wouldn't count on a method to hack without a PSP game. Hackers are going to continue to try to find exploits in 3.55 that will open up this firmware (and hopefully future ones) to the same kind of hacks we have witnessed in past firmwares. That being said, as soon as an exploit is released, Sony is quick about releasing a new firmware that patches it, so you have to react quickly once one is discovered.

Last edited by TehCupcakes, Oct 8, 2015
    yondaiime likes this.
  8. yondaiime

yondaiime Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2008
    Brazil
    Barueri
    I believe that only works if you sign-in in the PSN. So with a brand new vita it is not possible, for sign-in you need to update...

9. Gonquai

Gonquai Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2015
    United States
    Don't forget about vitaupdateblocker, solved psn problems on 3.52.

10. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tuvalu
    This option is only accessible for around 2 weeks from the date of the new firmware which has been released.

11. cracker

cracker Nyah!

Aug 24, 2005
    United States
    I just tried — to verify — and it does so without signing in. Or do you mean having signed in at least once? That is surely true because it couldn't be active on their system.

12. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tuvalu

If you format the vita and enter your psn account at the start, then use a ps3 to transfer a game over it will activate the vita without asking to update

13. cracker

cracker Nyah!

Aug 24, 2005
    United States
    Ok no problem for the OP then (if they have a PS3).

mech likes this.
  14. replicashooter

replicashooter GBAtemp Fan

Jun 16, 2006
    Could you tell me more about this please? Would I log into the PS store via my computer, purchase what I need and then...? I don't have a PS3, run a Mac and a Vita on 3.36 that I'd like to keep like that. The update blocker approach never worked and I'm keen to grab an exploit game to try out some stuff.

Thanks

15. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tuvalu
    you need a ps3 to send over an exploit game.

16. cracker

cracker Nyah!

Aug 24, 2005
    United States
    I'm not sure how I can explain it further. You don't need an update blocker. The Vita automatically downloads content in the download queue in sleep mode when connected to the internet. So by using a different device to add games, etc. to the download queue you get around being forced to update.

Also, go to Settings - System - Auto-start settings and uncheck Download update file for system update. I think you will still get the nag but at least it is more safety against accidentally updating (if you let a kid, etc. use it).

17. replicashooter

Jun 16, 2006
    That is what I thought too but:

So I can do this via the computer with a PS3 then?

18. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tuvalu
    No offence but cracker doesn't know what hes talking about. You just need a ps3.

take a look here at these forums http://www.wololo.net

Last edited by mech, Oct 11, 2015
  19. cracker

cracker Nyah!

Aug 24, 2005
    United States
    It works for me and plenty of other people to download this way.

20. replicashooter

Jun 16, 2006
    So how would I do it without a PS3? Log into my account on my computer, buy the game, connect my Vita to the net and put it into sleep mode and it will download automatically and play without an update request?