Hacking Bought used 3.60 Vita, added HENkaku - retail game carts ok?

esmith13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently bought a used vita running 3.60 (freshly reset/restored, no PSN account registered/activated). I put a clean formatted 8GB card in in and installed HENkaku and all the fun stuff available to date for it, including vita-activator. I believe it's activated to my (crap) PSN account - not that I know how to be sure.

My question is, Can I pick up a few retail Vita cart games and play them fine? I'm interested in titles like God of War and Tearaway for example. (I know it has to be a game requiring FW 3.60 or older)

I'm not so much worried about online play (is that possible??), mainly just offline single player experiences...

Thanks in advance for any info.

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Yes, you can use retail games without any problem (for now, in the future newer games may require you to update your console).
As for online multiplayer, it uses PSN, so it won't be possible without updating.

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@TheKawaiiDesu, answer is completly correct. I just want to add that you can even update the games (just for the case that you wouldn't buy games like Minecraft (the US version hasn't a card, you have to import the EU version) or Borderlands II due to the idea that you can't update the games. You can.)

esmith13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to you both.

Just to clarify, you're saying I CAN update a retail cart game using the download update button from the game's live area and it will still work?

If so, I'm surprised Sony hasn't just released an update for every game (their's at least) that tells the Vita it needs to be updated to 3.61 to continue play (even though it would be total BS just to screw with HENkaku and other older FW users)...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-