Gaming BOTW better on WiiU than Switch

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PC >>>>>>>>>>>>> WiiU>=Switch
Pop in on the Wii U version makes it nearly unplayable for me (which also applies to Cemu)

And the Switch version is better than the Wii U version in literally every way, the switch version runs at a higher resolution, has less pop in, has almost no framerate drops, it seems to have better colors, and the switch version can be taken on the go :/

Reactions: NeoSlyde

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Pop in on the Wii U version makes it nearly unplayable for me (which also applies to Cemu)

And the Switch version is better than the Wii U version in literally every way, the switch version runs at a higher resolution, has less pop in, has almost no framerate drops, it seems to have better colors, and the switch version can be taken on the go :/
Ye you are right

Reactions: ZachyCatGames

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
I personally enjoy all the Nintendo controllers, they are comfy and all, but yes the Joycons are a bit small, but the real issue I have with them is that, they are somewhat fragile. Already had problems with one pair when recently bought the Switch, and now I try to play with the Wii U Pro (adapted), or a wired one I have when docked because I`m positive that if I use more the Joycons they will, once again have problems.

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
cemu in 4k.......best....but really i can play it only with pro controller.....or with controller grip but handheld mode hell nah

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't support rumble :(

Edit: Maybe with future updates will support rumble? once they confirm rumble I will totally buy one (I hate Nintendo for not making this an option).

Lol didn't even realize the controller had rumble until I looked it up just now XD

Played BOTW on the Wii U when it first came out with the gamepad so it's never bothered me.

dude1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
yes but that requires a computer that is actually good
Not really, only half good... really just a decent GPU

Im playing it in 1440p on a 2012 MacBook Pro... (who says Macs can't game)
it works just as long as I have my GTX1070 eGPU connected :P
so I guess thats cheating but the rest of the computer is a anemic laptop from 2012 so that says something

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really, only half good... really just a decent GPU

Im playing it in 1440p on a 2012 MacBook Pro... (who says Macs can't game)
it works just as long as I have my GTX1070 eGPU connected :P
so I guess thats cheating but the rest of the computer is a anemic laptop from 2012 so that says something
kinda hard when I have a computer with a GPU that I cannot upgrade

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry but I prefer Nintendo Switch version. You can get Wireless Controller GamePad Pro for Nintendo Switch. I hate WIi U. Can't stand Wii U version at all!

The Switch version has better graphics and less lag. So, yeah. :) :grog:

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Switch version better with the right controller to play, which is of course the Pro. I bought one along with my Switch, cause I knew I wouldn't stand using the joycons. It's pretty expensive, yes, but really a must have, if you plan long play sessions. More comfortable than the Wii U pro controller (a little), HD Rumble, motion control, loooong battery life on a single charge. It's top quality! And almost all games support it, which was not the case with the Wii U pro controller.

philo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
boss battles kinda suck with the switch controllers.. especially if attached... I've primarily played BotW with the pro controller. Haven't played it on cemu and never had a wiiu so I don't know about their performance but I have noticed a couple of places where there is a bit of frame drop in BotW on Switch. The koroko forest in particular is noticeable. Perhaps just beause of all the foliage in there.

Of course on cemu you can easier do mods and 4k and so on I guess..

philo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I thought the official name was UtterTrashPad....or StupidDumbIdioticIdeaPad...or MaxiPad.. well I never had a wiiU because of it..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: @HoTuan You'll need one that hasn't had its stock firmware updated in quite some time, for starters