Hacking Borked vwii semi-brick?

Panic.exe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so my wiiu has been getting the corrupted memory error and I had my vwii modded so I put off sending it back to nintendo because I have sys 5.3.2 and didn't want it to be returned with an update firmware.. fast forward to today I decided to send it back and had a friend over helping me get rid of vwii mods so we dumped ios's 236, 249, 250, and 251 and he then moved the wad folder inside the dump folder to the wad folder on the sd.. and what I assumed would have been 236 249 250 and 251 only.. well without thinking/looking he asks "hey do I uninstall of all these?" I said yes assuming it was only those 4 modified files inside the folder.. well about 15 minutes later hes telling me that they all uninstalled fine except the one that said "system menu, because it said it wouldn't do that.. I tried to back out but then the controlled died or something." the dread that went through my body at that point.... I'm sure my face was white as a ghost.. le sigh. Anyway, fearing the worse I rebooted the wiiu and back into wiimode and it worked great! I thought... nope.. When trying to launch smash bros or any other thing it just hangs at a black screen. I deleted all my saves off my system memory that would possibly be traces of the mods i don't know if that's gonna matter or not. am I screwed as far as getting a repair? and what about repairing vwii? anything I can try to do? can't boot games to reinstall/uninstall homebrew menu as they hang at a blank black screen. I did delete all the system saves related to mods.

Edit: I didn't delete the hbmu channel yet, just incase I can somehow managed to get it to boot. Whenever I try launching anything e,g wiimaker , shop , hbmu it just loops back to the homemenu. also the "what i did today logs, are showing i launched hbmu anyway to clear these?"

Should I just delete the hbmu channel and send it in or should I just format the wiiu after deleting the hbmu and possibly brick it (caused by the memory error) and act dumb like i got the memory error and tried formatting etc.

Edit 2: well upon futher research it appear the issues with the channels being broken is due to bc-nand being uninstalled (I'm screwed) so need some advice on best course of action A: delete the hbmu channel and send it for repairs for the wiiu memory error bug hoping they also fix the vwii an dont see any modifcations. B: mention both vwii and wiiu are broken or C: delete the hbmu channel and format the wiiu bricking the console so that they send a replacement?

Last edited by Panic.exe,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
once a console is hacked there is no way back, they always find traces of homebrew stuff you cant erase it on a way nintendo doesnt find out, so yeah sending to repair will only cost you money for anything, they will say they found mod traces and sent it back to you.They did this to countless people.

Panic.exe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
once a console is hacked there is no way back, they always find traces of homebrew stuff you cant erase it on a way nintendo doesnt find out, so yeah sending to repair will only cost you money for anything, they will say they found mod traces and sent it back to you.They did this to countless people.
i've seen plenty of people that got cleared as well. I'm just trying to decide which choice has the best chance? At this point i have nothing to lose.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i've seen plenty of people that got cleared as well. I'm just trying to decide which choice has the best chance? At this point i have nothing to lose.
so far i didnt see a single person saying they had vwii hacked with homebrew channel and got their wiiu repared by nintendo, link me to one of those threads becuase i never saw any here.

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
so far i didnt see a single person saying they had vwii hacked with homebrew channel and got their wiiu repared by nintendo, link me to one of those threads becuase i never saw any here.
I've seen it happen over the years
Can't link to any threads, but I've seen it
It depends on what the problem is abs if they have to check the system + luck

Panic.exe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/threads/solved-...i-u-semi-bricked-out-of-nowhere.398717/page-2

I had the same system files this guy did and went through pretty much the exact process.

Edit: I went ahead with the "format/delete all system files" and instead of fully bricking my console something unique happened that I haven't seen reported with the 160-0103 memory bug after formatting. I'm stuck in a semi-brick state now. Halfway through the format/erase I got an error telling me a memory fault had occurred and to reboot my system.. I figured this would leave my console bricked however the system does one of three things when I reboot. 1.) It boots up straight into the system erase to attempt to finish the process with menu music playing and about 6 seconds or so in it locks up and i have to power off. 2.) No Post (brick state) 3.) 160-0103 memory Error screen. Also, during the first format/delete It deleted my gamepad portion in the system menu.. unsyncing it. Thought it was an interesting result so I thought I would share.

Panic.exe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seems he used an homebrew app to clear hb traces i think.
Yeah, I did the same..The only issue/difference is my ios's got wiped and I deleted the hbc via a different method. I'm unsure at this point If cleared Ios's is going to trip their detection or if only modified versions do. They know I attempted to format the system because of the faulty chip and that I am stuck in a bootloop to the wipe menu followed by a freeze. Hoping they assume this is what has caused the ios's to be wiped. will report results as soon as I pass or fail the diag tests with them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi: