Hacking BootMii

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
Ramono said:
Bootme: Can NOT be installed
boot1 and/or boot2 could not be read (-1)

(Wii sysmenu 4.0, updated with waninoko's sysmenu updater, The trucha signing ios's are still there)

My wii has the hackable version of boot1, so I should be able to install it.
Anyone know how to fix this :>?

Thanks,
-Ramono

From Hackmii.com

QUOTEBootMii may refuse to install on some Wiis. We ran into various errors in our sanity checks on about half of the consoles we tried; we have fixed all of those bugs, but there are probably more. The installer will write out an “installer.log” to SD; please email that log to [email protected] so that we can add support for your Wii in the next beta.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Bluee said:
I installed BootMii on boot2 and as IOS254, with my 1GB SD. Currently, HBC (which was updated to 1.0.2) does not see any apps on my 4GB SDHC, my snes9x is borked, mplayerce doesn't even load, though USB Loader GX appears to work fine. (these apps were loaded with my channel forwarders from my 4.0 system menu)

I will continue debugging, like putting some apps on my 1GB SD instead. Also to note, it takes forever for the Wii to boot now, with or without the BootMii SD in.

Edit: Uninstalling DVDx from the Bootmii installer, and not reinstalling DVDx from the Bootmii installer, now allows my apps to work from channel forwarders. HBC 1.0.2 still sees nothing on my 4GB SDHC. Note: I've never been able to get DVDx to work anyways (I have a modchip, etc.), and even a "successful" DVDx install from Bootmii did not let a DVD movie play in my mplayerce.

Note: Uninstalling and reinstalling HBC from the Bootmii installer did not fix the HBC problems. I might test installing the older 1.0.1 HBC with bannerbomb.

Note: Copying the files that Bootmii made on my 1GB SD (to be recognized upon booting) to my 4GB SDHC did not cause my 4GB SDHC to boot BootMii; it is as if Bootmii doesn't see my 4GB SDHC.

a few things:

1/ emulators or MPlayer hanged because you first installed DVDX with the PatchMii method (since you have a modchip right ?). However, by installing BootMii as IOS254, you overrided the former IOS used by DVDX. Result: when applications starts, they first launch DVDX which try to load IOS254 and hangs. Deleting DVDX indeed fix the problem but you really shouldn't use BootMii as an IOS if you can use it as Boot2.

2/ are you sure HBC ever had SDHC support ? i don't remember so. SDHC support in applications was actually done on the software level (via libogc). I'm not sure if 1.0.1 HBC has been compiled with the last libogc version. I think SDHC support came after that.

3/ Bootmii directly use Mini to access SD. It's verly likely that the SDHC drivers they have implemented is still in beta stage and a little bit unstable, which cause incompatibility with some cards

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
2/ are you sure HBC ever had SDHC support ? i don't remember so. SDHC support in applications was actually done on the software level (via libogc). I'm not sure if 1.0.1 HBC has been compiled with the last libogc version. I think SDHC support came after that.
Wrong. As of 1.0.1, SDHC was supported.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
cool, then it's a problem with his card
rolleyes.gif
No, it's a known bug with 1.0.2.

http://bugs.hackmii.com/index.php?do=details&task_id=35

the ripper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shinigami Kiba said:
LxTrix said:
For known issues and to ask the creators directly ask here.... http://forum.wiibrew.org/read.php?25,16481

Otherwise how will this effect wads and channels?

will they still be installed or no?

and how do you know which to install, boot2 or ios?

You want boot2 for 100% brick proof, or near 100%
but boot2 doesn't work on all Wii's, test to see if your Wii can support bootmii on boot2 with this
http://static.hackmii.com/bootmii_check.elf

rename it to boot.elf, put it in apps and in a folder and that's it.

run it and if the long string of numbers and letters after boot1 doesn't start with f01e you can install it as boot2

so what's that boot1 and boot2 thing? i have a 4.0E with preoloader 0.29, when you talk about boot1 what do you mean with it?
thanks

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
the ripper said:
so what's that boot1 and boot2 thing? i have a 4.0E with preoloader 0.29, when you talk about boot1 what do you mean with it?
thanks

bushingPlease do not install BootMii unless you have been following our blog for a while and know what IOS is, what boot1 and boot2 are, etc. If you’re curious, you can try anyway, but if you can’t figure out how to work this thing you should probably wait for a future beta.

http://hackmii.com/2009/05/bootmii_beta_1/#more-549

do your research.

kotri

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
I try to load dols and elfs with bootmii but it doesnt seem to work. After a few seconds it returns to the basic bootmii menu without doing anything
frown.gif

Why does this happen? Anyone having the same problem here?

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Very cool stuff
smile.gif

But does bootmii take quite a longtime to load for anyone else? It takes around 5-10 whole secs (on a black screen) when the wii boots up... Maybe it's my SD though (kingston 1GB japan microsd (in adapter))

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
kotri said:
I try to load dols and elfs with bootmii but it doesnt seem to work. After a few seconds it returns to the basic bootmii menu without doing anything
frown.gif

QUOTE( the mighty README (again))III. SD Menu

We have included a simple launcher for PPC ELF files on the SD card. Please note that any
binary that gets loaded will be running under mini, not under IOS. libogc binaries will
not run; we are investigating options for a future release.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
kotri said:
frown.gif

nothing works yet because you did not read the read me

its because bootmii runs on MINI and it will only run files that were coded to run on MINI as well

kotri

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
OK.
First of all I read the readme but i didnt understand that part of it. I am not experienced with anything tha has to do with coding and things such as MINI and libogc.
So please dont be rude saying to read the readme. If you dont feel like answering you cannot answer.

Sorry for bad english and thanks for the quick answer

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Please do not install BootMii unless you have been following our blog for a while and know what IOS is, what boot1 and boot2 are, etc. If you’re curious, you can try anyway, but if you can’t figure out how to work this thing you should probably wait for a future beta. We really don’t want to see epic threads with “tips” on installing — this thing is supposed to be self-explanatory, and if it won’t install for you, that’s a bug we need to fix.

marice

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello all,

I just installed bootmii as boot2, now when i make a NAND backup it makes the backup.. but is shows me 1 bad block :S

Is my backup still useable(restoreable from SD to NAND)? does anyone else have badblocks?

kotri

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
marice said:
Hello all,

I just installed bootmii as boot2, now when i make a NAND backup it makes the backup.. but is shows me 1 bad block :S

Is my backup still useable(restoreable from SD to NAND)? does anyone else have badblocks?

It's ok to have badblocks

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
So with bootmii installed as boot2, I should be able to safely try waninokoko's 4.0 updater right?
so far, i've never tried it because of the talks of possible bricking. But if I make a nand backup before of my working 3.2, I can fully restore that?

marice

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
thnx for the reaction..

so i guess these blocks are just marked by the wii, and will not be used? like windows does?
i runned the backup a second time... and it gives me the same:

"Factory bad block marker at block 3003"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears: @salazarcosplay Hey, I'm doing good. Today I modded my Wii u quite far but I need some help with...