Hacking Bootmii not installed as boot2 - Am I safe?

theman060606

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the stickied guide above to fix my system after an accidental update from 3.2U to 4.2U. All my loaders and apps are running perfectly (Thank You!). I keep reading threads about bricked wiis needing Bootmii installed as boot2. I have bootmii installed but I don't believe it is installed as boot2. How can I verify if that is the case? If it isn't installed as boot2, can I go back and do that? Am I protected from bricks? Thanks.

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Just reopen the installer and try to install it as boot2. If it says there is a boot1 issue so it can't be install you can't do it.

If that doesn't work, try getting preloader but be very very cautious with anything that deals with IOS70 or the current system menu wad. Do not follow any old "safe" upgrade guides unless someone has confirmed they work after the new update.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If bootmii doesn't boot up when you start your Wii instead of the normal system menu, then it isn't installed to boot2. If you bought your Wii sometime after mid 2008 or so, you CAN'T install bootmii to boot2 and never will be able to.

When you run the hackmii installer, it will tell you if bootmii can be installed or if i can only be installed as one variant. If you saw the latter message, then your Wii is too new and can't install bootmii to boot2.

Preloader is your only option for brick protection if this is the case, but you need to have a patched IOS70 in order to install it. (which I think xzxero's guide takes care of if you followed that.)

The best protection from bricks is not being stupid. Don't go deleting your system menu or it's IOS or update retardedly or anything along those lines and you should be fine anyways.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Look if your DVD Drive flashs up when you start the Wii, if it´s already installed you still need to create a bootable SD card with the Hackmii Installer and if you made a NAND Backup before anything breaks yes you can easily recover a brick

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all