Bootmii can't install

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by nhayes, Aug 11, 2015.

1. nhayes
    OP

nhayes Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2015
    United States
    Hello, I would first like to apologize if my question has already been answered; I just can't seem to find any solutions online, so I thought I'd ask for some help myself. Anyway, I have recently performed the Return of the Jodi exploit on my Nintendo Wii U, so I could use the HBC with my vWii. The HBC installation worked, but that's not my issue. I've been informed that installing Bootmii is a must, as it serves as a savior for a bricked console. So, after checking to see if Bootmii was installed on my vWii with the HBC, I noticed that it hadn't installed, so I searched the web for a tutorial. After attempting to install Bootmii (using HackMii Installer), I encountered an error before I could install Bootmii: the installation stated I could NOT install Bootmii. I have tried uninstalling the HBC and restoring my SD, and then trying again, but I didn't succeed in my other attempts neither. I was just wondering what the problem could be. Maybe I'm just a noob and am making some dumb mistake, but, either way, I can't seem to figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My Wii U is updated to v. 5.4.0 U and its model is WUP 101(02) if that matters. I have attached a picture of my error. Thanks again! WP_20150810_22_18_34_Pro.jpg

2. endoverend

endoverend AKA zooksman

GBAtemp Patron
    endoverend is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 6, 2013
    United States
    Bootmii is not compatible with the Wii U. As for brick protection, you don't get much with the vWii, so be careful.

3. petspeed

petspeed GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 13, 2009
    BootMii doesn't Work on vWii, only on the old normal Wii. It will probably never be supported so you simply can't install it.
    Don't install Priiloader either cause AFAIK that will brick your vWii.

4. nhayes
    OP

nhayes Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2015
    United States
    Thank you both for your answers :) I really wish tutorials online would be a tad more thorough in their explanations; it doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to include a caution. Thanks again!

5. cracker

cracker Nyah!

Aug 24, 2005
    United States
    To add: don't try any boot2 stuff or you can potentially brick something.

6. nhayes
    OP

nhayes Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2015
    United States
    Okay, thank you for your advice as well! I'll just have to be extra careful with it all. Thanks :D

7. EmceeKerser

EmceeKerser GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 3, 2014
    The fuckin' Blue Mountains brah
    Theyre extremely thorough, try actually reading the stickies.