BootAnim9 questions

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ValconExe, Sep 18, 2016.

1. ValconExe
    OP

ValconExe Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    I have a couple of questions about the installation of BootAnim9.

It says that when installing, you should put arm9payload.bin into your anim/ file.
    I can't find arm9payload.bin, so am I just missing the link, or is there a file that I have that I'm suposed to rename to arm9payload.bin?

Also, if I am using BootAnim9, do I need to use a specific version of A9LH (noscreeninit vs screeninit), or will it be fine either way?

Sorry if one of these questions seems stupid, I'm still pretty new here.

2. osm70

osm70 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 17, 2011
    Czech Republic
    It says that when installing, you should put arm9payload.bin into your anim/ file.
    I can't find arm9payload.bin, so am I just missing the link, or is there a file that I have that I'm suposed to rename to arm9payload.bin?

Also, if I am using BootAnim9, do I need to use a specific version of A9LH (noscreeninit vs screeninit), or will it be fine either way?

Sorry if one of these questions seems stupid, I'm still pretty new here.[/QUOTE]

The arm9loaderpayload.bin file is your arm9loaderhax.bin. Copy it there and rename it. The place the arm9loaderhax.bin file of BootAnim9 to the root of your SD.

Screenitit works for sure. I wasn't able to get it working with noscreeninit.

3. ValconExe
    OP

ValconExe Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    OK, both of those worked. Thanks!

However, there is still one problem I'm having. When I boot it, it endlessly plays the animations, without ever going to my home menu. I know I've done something wrong, but I don't know what. Is there something easy that I forgot to do?