godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what it says in the changelog.
Post automatically merged:

I'll check if my boot2vwii wuhbs work. I guess I misread.

I now see what you mean. it also black screens for me on the latest aroma update.

Last edited by godreborn,

jul16ares

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Reverting to the Base and Aroma files from the Beta-4 packages solved my issue. Boot2vWii wuhb files now work as expected.

Huge thanks to Maschell for sharing a fix for this so quickly.
https://github.com/WiiDatabase/Boot2vWii/pull/3
Compiled wuhb files with this added code work on Beta-5
How do you apply this code on aroma beta 5 ?

jul16ares

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't understand why my setup can't run vwii with boot2vwii forwarders. Vwii menu is fonctionnal with, hbc and vwii wads forwarders (nintendont, wiiflow, scummvm)...

This one work's for you ?

Attachments

• ScummVM.zip
    2 MB · Views: 31
Last edited by jul16ares,

Sowden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that the old Boot2vWii code sent us strait to a black screen with the new Beta 6. So I redownloaded the the new repository from the github and recreated all of the wuhbs that I personally created. Here is a zip file of all the ones I made, including Homebrew Channel, USB Loader GX, Wiiflow, and WiiXplorer. Hopefully these all work for you now. Enjoy :)

Attachments

• Boot2vWii Compiles.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 134

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that the old Boot2vWii code sent us strait to a black screen with the new Beta 6. So I redownloaded the the new repository from the github and recreated all of the wuhbs that I personally created. Here is a zip file of all the ones I made, including Homebrew Channel, USB Loader GX, Wiiflow, and WiiXplorer. Hopefully these all work for you now. Enjoy :)
I recompiled them as well with the new code. I only had three of them I think, so it wasn't much of a problem. I tested nintendont, no issues.

Brawl345

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.de
XP
Country
Germany
Would be helpful if people create an issue in the repo next time, I only knew directly from Maschell that Boot2vWii was broken on Beta 5. Anyway, I merged the PR on tuesday so boot2vWii will work again. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Reactions: ber71

Exorcism

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
exorcism0666.github.io
XP
Country
France
Just with the basic compilation yeah:
1671716705826.png

I just tested and it works, thank you very much! @godreborn

Reactions: godreborn

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: Made HD assets for a few things, here they are
homebrewchannel.png
homebrewchannel_tv.png
nintendont.png
nintendont_tv.png
usb-loader-gx.png
usb-loader-gx_tv.png
wiimenu.png
wiimenu_tv.png

I also made precompiles of the two of these that I actually use, Homebrew Channel [OHBC] and USB Loader GX [UNEO]
which are attached. They boot in 480p, which allows your TV to handle the upscaling, which is vastly preferable in my opinion.

Annoyingly in all my attempts I couldn't get a forwarder that boots straight to the real Wii Menu working for some reason, and all my attempts at the Nintendont Forwarder (WWND) just kept rebooting the console, as if it failed to find the title for some reason.

Attachments

• usb-loader-gx_drc.png
    usb-loader-gx_drc.png
    222 KB · Views: 54
  • nintendont_drc.png
    nintendont_drc.png
    113.7 KB · Views: 54
  • homebrewchannel_drc.png
    homebrewchannel_drc.png
    90.5 KB · Views: 56
  • hbc_&_ulgx_wuhb_480p_forwarders.7z
    1.1 MB · Views: 116
  • wiimenu_drc.png
    wiimenu_drc.png
    194.6 KB · Views: 62
Last edited by CheatFreak47,

Ninte86hl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Edit: Made HD assets for a few things, here they are

I also made precompiles of the two of these that I actually use, Homebrew Channel [OHBC] and USB Loader GX [UNEO]
which are attached. They boot in 480p, which allows your TV to handle the upscaling, which is vastly preferable in my opinion.

Annoyingly in all my attempts I couldn't get a forwarder that boots straight to the real Wii Menu working for some reason, and all my attempts at the Nintendont Forwarder (WWND) just kept rebooting the console, as if it failed to find the title for some reason.
Hey, maybe you can do it for snes9xgx, fceultragx and visualboyadvancegx too? Thx in advance

AdamCatalyst

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey folks,
I've been trying my hand at boot2vWii, but I am finding setting up the Dev environment beyond me at the moment. I hate asking for favours, but here I am…

Would anyone be willing to compile the attached for me? I've put together a resource pack with the OPTIONS and the PNG resources, all ready to go. The output would be three WiiFlow forwarders, that I would post back at my thread here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-to-vwii-forwarder-channels-ac.618060/

Thanks for considering.

Attachments

• boot2vWii - Wiiflow -AC.zip
    245.6 KB · Views: 34

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey folks,
I've been trying my hand at boot2vWii, but I am finding setting up the Dev environment beyond me at the moment. I hate asking for favours, but here I am…

Would anyone be willing to compile the attached for me? I've put together a resource pack with the OPTIONS and the PNG resources, all ready to go. The output would be three WiiFlow forwarders, that I would post back at my thread here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-to-vwii-forwarder-channels-ac.618060/

Thanks for considering.
I've never tried adding a gamepad or tv image, just icon, but I added them here. let me know if it works correctly. remember, you need the wiiflow forwarder on the vwii, because this forwarder on the wiiu side is sent to that, then to the sd card from the vwii.

Attachments

• WiiFlow.zip
    407.8 KB · Views: 37
  • Wow
Reactions: AdamCatalyst

AdamCatalyst

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've never tried adding a gamepad or tv image, just icon, but I added them here. let me know if it works correctly. remember, you need the wiiflow forwarder on the vwii, because this forwarder on the wiiu side is sent to that, then to the sd card from the vwii.
Thank-you SO MUCH. Will test it out thoroughly, and let you know. Thanks again, I really appreciate you sharing your time and energy like this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X0F1Qjn0Ac