Hacking Boot TTMenu instead of YSmenu

MrArcade

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you would prefer to boot to the TTMENU with the icons etc, please don't take the advice given earlier:

DON"T "Delete the TTMENU.DAT and rename TTMENU.nds in TTMENU.DAT
You will start on DSTT menu "

Instead, DO rename TTMENU.dat to YSmenu.nds, then rename TTMENU.nds to TTMENU.dat

Now you will boot into TTMENU, and YSmenu will be in your list in case you need it to boot a game that won't boot in TTMENU

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
Errr... Yes.

But who gave you the advice to delete the YSMenu file?
glare.gif

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm at a loss of why even have a thread like this...only an idiot wouldn't realize that if you want to boot TTMenu instead of YSMenu, they wouldn't need to rename ysmenu.nds in the first place...The only way for someone to have started with a TTMenu.dat and not know this would be because they got their files from someplace that should not be hosting those files, in which case, I must search it out and do something about it.

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
MrArcade said:
If you would prefer to boot to the TTMENU with the icons etc, please don't take the advice given earlier:

Instead, DO rename TTMENU.dat to YSmenu.nds, then rename TTMENU.nds to TTMENU.dat

Now you will boot into TTMENU, and YSmenu will be in your list in case you need it to boot a game that won't boot in TTMENU
I have a DSTT, i use a DSTT kernel, is easy to understand no?

The "TTMENU.NDS" from the pack, is a stupidity from Retro...

He could propose on other simple thing:

1 folder with inside the 5 files for DSTT kernel
2 Another folder for the user of YSmenu (R4, M3 Simply, etc...)

it would have been easier

longodongo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrArcade said:

I tried every which way mentioned here,including this way,to boot directly to ttds menu when turning on ds. None work. If renaming ttemnu.dat to anything else,i automatically get the letters menu in black inside of a white box,then in turns into red letters which also spell menu but with a ? at the end of menu,and it will be stuck there. If there's a guru who really knows how to do this,so retro gamefan's files will look exactly like ndstt.com files,i wish that person can post exactly how to do it,on an original dstt card. I ask this because retrogamefan updates his files so often,and i would like to keep the dstt up to date ,but with the original dstt menu on startup. the dstt menu is easier to navigate than the ysmenu,and the skins also are better looking. thanks.

vamorex3000

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MrArcade said:

Ran into the same problem I had before when trying this, Renaming TTMENU

GMTN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You no longer have to do that with Retro's V643. He separated the TTmenu and YSmenu into different folders. Another great update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol