Boot Mii And PriiLoader

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Lacertia, Feb 24, 2010.

Feb 24, 2010

Boot Mii And PriiLoader by Lacertia at 3:28 PM (1,869 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Lacertia
    OP

Newcomer Lacertia Member

United States
    Hello.

First of, Everthings works FINE. Just a few questions

Well I had preloader 0.29 and couldnt get it to boot into HBC. I read i needed to update it for it to work on latest HBC, so i tried. but 0.30 wont update. I said screw this and got Priiloader. Now when ever i boot my wii, it loads Bootmii. That im fine with BUT when i go to Select the Wii, doesnt boot, just goes back to BootMii. Odd i say. So i tried HBC on the bootmii menu, works! woot [​IMG]....then try to go to system menu thru that and it works. So my question is.

Why.

Other then that. Works all good. [​IMG]

Oh yeah if you remember that i posted on why i couldnt get WAD manager installed.. All in all. got it working now having fun with WiiWARE. Although my blocks are running low lol.

Thanks.

2. Slowking

Member Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    Maybe Priiloader is set to autoboot bootmii. Hold reset when your Wii boots and look what the bootsettings are.

3. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Hmm...l do know that HBC changed its channel ince 1.0.5 (HAXX -> JODI). That caused preloader not to be able to load HBC anymore.

Priiloader is more or less the successor of preloader, so it could very well be that it saves the same settings. So if you had set preloader to boot bootmii instead of the wii menu, that setting may be preserved in bootmii.
    ...which explains why bootmii just restarts every time you choose to load the wii menu (bootmii doesn't know that it's not loading the system menu).

So basically: I think the same thing as Slowking.

4. ekipstonmai

Newcomer ekipstonmai Member

United Kingdom
    If you want to stop that you can just rename the bootmii fold on the root of your SD card, you can change it in the settings too but I just renamed mine to OLDbootmiiOLD so if I ever needed it again it was easy to get back.

5. Lacertia
    OP

Newcomer Lacertia Member

United States
    Hey,

Im fine with it booting into bootmii. Just that i cant access the System Menu Thru it, Only when i load up HBC i can.