Question Boot hekate --> Stock = efuses can be burned?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by RyuSeisuke1992, Aug 31, 2018.

1. RyuSeisuke1992
    OP

RyuSeisuke1992 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 24, 2018
    Germany
    Hey,

can actually burn the fuses when I start the RCM and boot into hekate and then into the stock firmware?
    Theoretically yes, because then the NX-bootloader starts, which performs the efuses check.

2. GizmoTheGreen

GizmoTheGreen GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 8, 2009
    Yes if you installed a higher firmware and keep your efuses unburnt by using hekate

Booting stock will burn the fuses. Definitely.

3. Meriadoc

Meriadoc GBAtemp Regular

May 14, 2016
    Italy
    No,I tried and my fuses are still intact. The bootloader is Hekate ,you never use the Nintendo one.

4. Thetoto

Thetoto GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 10, 2018
    France
    Hekate bypass efuses burning.

Last edited by Thetoto, Aug 31, 2018
  5. starbury86

starbury86 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2018
    Germany
    But he is talking about booting into ofw from hekate. Will this not burn fuses?

RyuSeisuke1992 likes this.
  6. shchmue

shchmue GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 23, 2013
    United States
    no it will not burn fuses. Reboot (normal) will burn fuses though but only if you don't use AutoRCM for whatever reason

Last edited by shchmue, Aug 31, 2018
    RyuSeisuke1992 likes this.
  7. Lioon2

Lioon2 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2018
    France
    Thanks for asking, i thought the same things. So if I custom hekate ini stock with nosigverif and nogc it's enough?

8. shchmue

Dec 23, 2013
    United States
    if you do absolutely anything from the hekate Launch menu your fuses are safe

9. RyuSeisuke1992
    OP

RyuSeisuke1992 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 24, 2018
    Germany
    Thanks for all your answers. But I haven't gotten a clear statement yet. Of course, AutoRCM does not touch the efuses. No matter if you boot into hekate with AutoRCM active and start the stock firmware, the boot0, which contains the checks for the fuses, does not work. But what if the AutoRCM is not activated and boots into the stock fw via hekate, there are really no efuses burned.

10. shchmue

Dec 23, 2013
    United States
    has nothing to do with AutoRCM specifically, that just guarantees the fuse check code will never run. stock hekate is covered by my previous post: you launched it through the hekate launch menu, so hekate already skipped the fuse check, even if AutoRCM isn't enabled

11. bundat

bundat ¿

Jul 25, 2018
    Antarctica
    AutoRCM or not, if you inject a payload, it runs BEFORE any fuse programming happens.
    Case in point, I upgraded from 4.1 to 5.1 in OFW, THEN stuck in a reliable RCM jig and held vol+ while it was restarting.

That prevented the fuses burning when it restarted.
    Still rocking 5 fuses burnt until now.

And Hekate ALWAYS does 2 things (whether you boot OFW, CFW, Linux, or whatever):
    • prevent fuses from burning
    • skip fuse checks

12. Rune

Rune GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 15, 2017
    In other words, it doesn't matter if you're using OFW, CFW, or whatever. As long as you do it through Hekate, efuses won't get burnt.

Anonymous456 and Lioon2 like this.