Hacking Question Boot hekate --> Stock = efuses can be burned?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 13,041
  • Replies 18
D

Deleted User

OP
Hey,

can actually burn the fuses when I start the RCM and boot into hekate and then into the stock firmware?
Theoretically yes, because then the NX-bootloader starts, which performs the efuses check.

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes if you installed a higher firmware and keep your efuses unburnt by using hekate

Booting stock will burn the fuses. Definitely.

Meriadoc

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey,

can actually burn the fuses when I start the RCM and boot into hekate and then into the stock firmware?
Theoretically yes, because then the NX-bootloader starts, which performs the efuses check.

No,I tried and my fuses are still intact. The bootloader is Hekate ,you never use the Nintendo one.

Lioon2

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for asking, i thought the same things. So if I custom hekate ini stock with nosigverif and nogc it's enough?

D

Deleted User

OP
Thanks for all your answers. But I haven't gotten a clear statement yet. Of course, AutoRCM does not touch the efuses. No matter if you boot into hekate with AutoRCM active and start the stock firmware, the boot0, which contains the checks for the fuses, does not work. But what if the AutoRCM is not activated and boots into the stock fw via hekate, there are really no efuses burned.

shchmue

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has nothing to do with AutoRCM specifically, that just guarantees the fuse check code will never run. stock hekate is covered by my previous post: you launched it through the hekate launch menu, so hekate already skipped the fuse check, even if AutoRCM isn't enabled

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
AutoRCM or not, if you inject a payload, it runs BEFORE any fuse programming happens.
Case in point, I upgraded from 4.1 to 5.1 in OFW, THEN stuck in a reliable RCM jig and held vol+ while it was restarting.

That prevented the fuses burning when it restarted.
Still rocking 5 fuses burnt until now.

And Hekate ALWAYS does 2 things (whether you boot OFW, CFW, Linux, or whatever):
  • prevent fuses from burning
  • skip fuse checks

raytan168

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi, I a bit confused, just like to know if my official stock FW is v9.2 but my emummc fw is v10.0.2 (update via choidujour) without enable autorcm. If I turn off my switch normally via power button from my emummc and turn on by injecting hekate payload and boot into my emummc, will it burn my fuses ?

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hi, I a bit confused, just like to know if my official stock FW is v9.2 but my emummc fw is v10.0.2 (update via choidujour) without enable autorcm. If I turn off my switch normally via power button from my emummc and turn on by injecting hekate payload and boot into my emummc, will it burn my fuses ?
No, hekate bypasses fuse check since it's a custom bootloader. But why not just enable autoRCM? You can accidentally fail getting into RCM manually for whatever reason and you will burn your fuses right away (anything can happen, even with a jig). But anyway... If your switch is unpatched, burning fuses shouldn't concern you that much (esp. if your OFW is 9.2 fuse count wise).

Reactions: raytan168

raytan168

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
No, hekate bypasses fuse check since it's a custom bootloader. But why not just enable autoRCM? You can accidentally fail getting into RCM manually for whatever reason and you will burn your fuses right away (anything can happen, even with a jig). But anyway... If your switch is unpatched, burning fuses shouldn't concern you that much (esp. if your OFW is 9.2 fuse count wise).
Yea, my switch is unpatched and actually I don't really mind burning fuses but if possible, I would like to preserve the OFW as lowest possible, waiting the one day that maybe a cold boot hack might release (previously, I updated my switch to OFW 9.2 without knowing my switch is the unpatched unit). The reason I don't want to enable the autoRCM is because it will took long time to recharge to boot again. Thanks for clarifying me that hekate bypasses the fuse check, so far I just leave my console remained in sleep mode while I not playing it, just worry that I might forget to recharge it. But since hekate will bypass the fuse check, then it shouldn't be any issues.

Last edited by raytan168,

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Yea, my switch is unpatched and actually I don't really mind burning fuses but if possible, I would like to preserve the OFW as lowest possible, waiting the one day that maybe a cold boot hack might release (previously, I updated my switch to OFW 9.2 without knowing my switch is the unpatched unit). The reason I don't want to enable the autoRCM is because it will took long time to recharge to boot again. Thanks for clarifying me that hekate bypasses the fuse check, so far I just leave my console remained in sleep mode while I not playing it, just worry that I might forget to recharge it. But since hekate will bypass the fuse check, then it shouldn't be any issues.
Well... 9.2 might be quite too high for a cold boot possibility afaik, but who knows. Im keeping my fuses from 6.1 just cause i can... But i don't really care too much cause i like how everything works atm and my switch is mostly used at home anyway.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your console runs out of battery and you have to recharge it, you are going to most likely burn fuses because charging the console will turn it back on and booting normally will burn fuses. This is the whole point of AutoRCM. Plus you cannot always guarantee you will always boot into Hekate when you turn off the console. All it takes is the jig to not work for 1 second and your fuses will be irreversibly burnt. Stop playing with fire and use AutoRCM. There is no reason to not use it.

raytan168

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
If your console runs out of battery and you have to recharge it, you are going to most likely burn fuses because charging the console will turn it back on and booting normally will burn fuses. This is the whole point of AutoRCM. Plus you cannot always guarantee you will always boot into Hekate when you turn off the console. All it takes is the jig to not work for 1 second and your fuses will be irreversibly burnt. Stop playing with fire and use AutoRCM. There is no reason to not use it.
My fuses is burnt up to 9.2 (OFW) and now I using emummc for higher fw version (10.0.2), I assume the emummc ams cfw won't load if either hekate failed to boot or the jig failed to work in the first place, so it will just boot normally to my OFW 9.2 which the fuses have already been burnt and I guess it won't further burn the fuses up to 10.0.2 since the fw is install in emummc ?

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
My fuses is burnt up to 9.2 (OFW) and now I using emummc for higher fw version (10.0.2), I assume the emummc ams cfw won't load if either hekate failed to boot or the jig failed to work in the first place, so it will just boot normally to my OFW 9.2 which the fuses have already been burnt and I guess it won't further burn the fuses up to 10.0.2 since the fw is install in emummc ?
You have nothing to burn atm, your fuse count is at 9.2 FW... EmuNAND is completely separate from your NAND, it doesn't affect fuses in any way since you always boot it from hekate anyway. You will burn fuses if you update your NAND to 10.x.x. (if there are any fuses to burn, idk) and then boot with nintendo bootloader at least once (without RCM). EmuNAND has nothing to do with fuses.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.