Question Boot Emummc by default

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Rhaven, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Eprpalmeida

Eprpalmeida Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2017
    Brazil
    Rhaven, I had the exact same problem today.

Bought my microSD two days ago and decided to install CFW on my switch. Followed the guide and everything went flawless. My sysNAND theme is Black and emuMMC is white. Then, I proceeded to run incognito. Created the kips folder and etc. I booted with fusee primary and boom, I went to full panic mode. The theme was white, with homebrew and the NSPs that I've installed, but the system software was showing only 8.1.0. Turned it off and booted via Hekate Launch option. Same theme showing the 0.9.3 AMS l E. Tried again the fusee primary and only 8.1.0 and the same theme as EmuMMC. Searched online and found this topic o. Atmosphere github (can't post hyperlinks. Ugh)

The exact same problem. I proceed to delete the incognito, kips and flags folder. Booted up fusee primary and then showed the 0.9.3 AMS l E.

I suppose this is a bug involving Atmosphere and Incognito. The only problem is that I couldn't perform the Incognito trick, it is still showing my Serial Number.

2. Zkajavier

Zkajavier Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    Costa Rica
    @Rhaven , @Eprpalmeida

I find it pretty puzzling that no one can't tell what's goin on.
    Well, I found there is an Issue that was opened on Atmosphere github https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/issues/647 , this person mentions, without being very specific, that what causes the problem is the incognito kips/flags, as we know we have to install a sysmodule in order to be able to run incognito on emuMMC, it seems that using this leaves traces... so even if you go and delete the Kips and Flags folders it will still show no affixes while launching with fusee-primary.

BUT... if after installing incognito, you delete ALL your SD files except the "Nintendo" and "EmuMMC" folders, and paste a whole new batch of files once you launch fusee-primary again it will show 0.9.3 AMS l E like it should. You'll need to reinstall your themes and setup the hekate configuration again but it's not a big deal.

TLDR: Delete all folders except Nintendo and EmuMMC, and reinstall all your SD folders after installing incognito. It will work like charm again.

Last edited by Zkajavier, Aug 19, 2019
  3. Rhaven
    OP

Rhaven Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2019
    Philippines
    Okay, let's say that the Incognito is the cause of the this issue. What I want to know is "my Sysnand is clean or not?" after booting fusee-primary?

4. Zkajavier

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    Costa Rica
    It is, the only reason the CFW version is not showing is because of flags.
    Sysnand will NEVER launch unless these lines appear under a specific profile on Hekate:
    Code:
    Stock = 1
    emummc_force_disable=1
    And how can you be 100% sure? Well, when you launch stock sysnand having emumand enabled you can't go back to Auto RCM, it gets disabled until you use your jig again. It will also not recognize your installed NSP titles because they are stored in a different folder than the atmosphere folder. And also, if you installed incognito on emumand only, you should be able to see the serial number on sysnand. It works best if you give your console a different name on emunand too. Sysnand cannot load that name even if running atmosphere on it.

Last edited by Zkajavier, Aug 19, 2019
  5. Rhaven
    OP

Rhaven Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2019
    Philippines
    Thanks. Everything's clear but one thing. Regarding AutoRCM. Okay, another weird thing emerge. I've already booted my stock (OFW Sysnand) twice and this thing about AutoRCM happens to me. My first ever boot disabled my AutoRCM. But this second time around it allow to me boot to RCM after I enabled it again on Hekate. I don't know, I believe that everything run it should be. But after what you've said, I'm confuse again.

6. Zkajavier

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    Costa Rica

Running "Stock (SYSNAND)" from Hekate Launch menu will remove AutoRCM until you use your jig again (Hekate will keep its configuration so if you enabled it there it will still appear as enabled the next time you use your jig).

Try booting using Stock (SYSNAND) again... Then try to restart or Power Off and On your Switch, if when it turns on again it goes directly into Sysnand like a brand new Switch would then everything's fine... if not then you are not running a fully clean Sysnand.

7. Rhaven
    OP

Rhaven Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2019
    Philippines
    I've booted Stock (Sysnand) through hekate successfully. After that, tried restart and turn off, both booted to RCM. I've double checked it and it booted to RCM with AutoRCM ON. It removed AutoRCM once only, then after you've enabled AutoRCM again in Hekate after jig method you can boot to RCM on stock firmware.