Hacking Blue Screen

Rozl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My og 3ds was having a "write protection has been enabled" error for years with 4 different sd cards. Sometimes it would load and I'm pretty sure i modded the 3ds but the error still happened form time to time. So i decided to replace the sd reader. After I ordered a new reader i installed it but got a Black screen and a pink led. After looking online for a bit i decided to just resodder the metal plate below the reader because i did a bad job the first time and now i get this error (Bootrom 8046 Errorcode: 00F800EF FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF 00000022 00000000. Idk what to do now and i'm stuck

Attachments

• IMG_3565.jpg
    IMG_3565.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After researching online, Looks like you can save it with a ntrboot compatible card like r4i gold 3ds

You likley have a faulty nand NAND though. I assume you have a backup of your original NAND? If you don't there's not much you can do from what it seems

With a NAND backup you could create an emuNAND and boot directly into that from ntrboot.

Otherwise looking at 3DBREW - getting this error means your firm0/firm1 partitions are corrupt you should be able to fix this with a ntrboot compatible cart, using it to either reinstall b9s or restore a NAND backup.

Rozl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After researching online, Looks like you can save it with a ntrboot compatible card like r4i gold 3ds

You likley have a faulty nand NAND though. I assume you have a backup of your original NAND? If you don't there's not much you can do from what it seems

With a NAND backup you could create an emuNAND and boot directly into that from ntrboot.

Otherwise looking at 3DBREW - getting this error means your firm0/firm1 partitions are corrupt you should be able to fix this with a ntrboot compatible cart, using it to either reinstall b9s or restore a NAND backup.
Have any idea what caused this? I was just changing out the sd card reader and it happened. And i also looked online but from what i saw no one had the "000022" error i have. I think i modded it a year or 2 ago. Other than that I don't think i have a nand backup

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have any idea what caused this? I was just changing out the sd card reader and it happened. And i also looked online but from what i saw no one had the "000022" error i have. I think i modded it a year or 2 ago. Other than that I don't think i have a nand backup
If you have a spare DS, flash ntrboot onto a compatible flashcart and see if you can unbrick your 3DS.

Rozl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a spare DS, flash ntrboot onto a compatible flashcart and see if you can unbrick your 3DS.
I do have a spare ds but i don't have a flashcart nor do i know how to flash ntr boot. do you have any card recommendations? And a how to guide to flash ntrboot?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On board graphics it'll just be a ps3 emu machine
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    easier to troubleshoot? or gpu comes later?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Won't need a GPU with G series for emulation
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I won't upgrade untill the day comes I can't play the games with my current hardware or something breaks
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's equivalent to a gt 560 which should be enough for ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I won't need to hack a 360 @BigOnYa :tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    well, if you get a gud enuf PSU, you could futureproof it incase you actually need the gpu down the line
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a spare 650w some place
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/4aQazgy not bad for a $40 case
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    for me a 650w is base
    line
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    very gud case, but make sure you have the kinda PSU with very flexible cables
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i know people with this exact case
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah hog tie the cables
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd like one with support for a couple 3.5" bays though
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    not that, some psu like those corsair rm series stock cables have very big knicks that make it impossible to fit in there
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    my friend had to order some custom cables for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just buy another 650 watt power supply, and Raid them
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    well, it's not a showpiece, but it'll get the job done
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Splice two 24 pins together
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i bought mine with funtionality and cooling in mind for the most part, and fitting my crappy budget too ofc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We should all tell Xdqwerty when he gets old enough to build his own pc
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got 7 case fans in mine, replaced 4 when some broke cus they ran loud and wonky
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    so i bought spares even
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    9 in mine
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 9 in mine