Hacking Blocking Update Servers - Clarification Needed

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Which of both checks should fail, if I succeed?

First one pass (00601-0) (Console is ready to recieve updates)

Secound one also pass (X-XXXX-0-0005-000000) (Check completed, Your Download Enviroment is ready)

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question. I always turn my Wii U off so that the light is red when I'm done with it. I never put it in standby. Can the Wii U still update when the light is red on the system? I could go and block the servers, but I don't know our router's user name or password

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question. I always turn my Wii U off so that the light is red when I'm done with it. I never put it in standby. Can the Wii U still update when the light is red on the system? I could go and block the servers, but I don't know our router's user name or password

So far nothing's happened when I've had it like that. Then again I've also had several IPs blocked. Also, for me at least the username and password are on the bottom of the router.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Not if you disable the standby settings in the system menu

elunesgrace

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
These are all I really need to block right?

• nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.shop.wii.com
  • nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net
  • nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net

Reactions: Margen67

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

many routers have standard usernames/passwords, I am sure, if you google your router name + username + password, you will find something

something very common for many routers for example is the username "admin" with no password

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Weird:

Download Checks passes, but if I check Friend List it say: 101-0502 (No Connection)

First one pass (00601-0) (Console is ready to recieve updates)

Secound one also pass (X-XXXX-0-0005-000000) (Check completed, Your Download Enviroment is ready)

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot confirm this, but there seems to be a new update. I am on 5.0 and an update is showing up in my download manager (failing to download of course). Is anyone else seeing an update?

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see anything....wiimpersonator would have gone off, and the support website would have been updated, and neither has happened.

Okay well I guess it's just a game update or something. At least now I know that updates are blocked.

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Game Updates are not affected by block this URLs. I tested it. I can do anything. Just Updates from Console are blocked.

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What I said. Game Updates, Online Gameplay, EShop, Game Download everything working with blocked URLs.

Only think that not working, should be download Firmware Update, from what I figured out now.

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I said. Game Updates, Online Gameplay, EShop, Game Download everything working with blocked URLs.

Only think that not working, should be download Firmware Update, from what I figured out now.

Exactly. I am able to game online, access the eshop, download software from the eshop, use miiverse, browser, all that good stuff. However it blocks firmware updates.

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It is a stupid question, but the Wii U can't update in stand by when the IP's are blocked,right? I blocked the IPs and the Wii U whan it try to update says "servers are full", in standby happends the same? I don't want to lose the Quick Start menu....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzmdrobXH34