mixinluv2u

OP
Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
i am having issues with Bleach Versus Crusade and have been getting some conflicting answers/advices. maybe someone who knows more about this can shed some light on me.

my setup:

3.2U (originally on 3.3U update from WiiFit but downgraded via cIOS downgrader)
d2pro modchip
cIOS249 rev7 is the only additional IOS i installed manually

The game is patched via WiiScrubber to remove the 002 error and force Japanese language (patched main.dol in partition2 and re-inserted), then brickblocked (to prevent japanese channel and update). The game loads perfectly via GeckoOS, but i get a blank black screen when trying to load through the regular Disc Channel.

someone had recommended installing IOS55. i tried that and instead of getting a blank black screen i now get an error that says "please eject the game disc and power down wii." (also installed IOS53 and nothing changes)

uninstalled IOS55 (and IOSS53) with AnyTitle Deleter, and now i am back to the blank black screen without the error message.

i also tried running the IOS downgrader as someone recommended but still the same.

does anyone know what i will need to do to allow loading through the regular Disc Channel?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you touch the .iso in any way it's trucha signed (or worse: it isn't). If you run the game from the disc channel it uses one of the new IOS which all have the trucha bug fixed.
3 possible solutions:
- install a IOS55 with truch bug as IOS55 (don't ask me where or how to get such a IOS, i don't know)
- use your patches and IOS Version patching to IOS36, it could be this doesn't work for some reason
- install a IOS36 as the IOS the game wants, it should be one of the IOS5x, you could modify one of the patchmii clones to do this

2+3 would only work if IOS36 has the trucha bug, i don't know if that's the case

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mixinluv2u said:
if that's true then it seems like Nintendo is blocking out modchips quite well....

??? This is just removing the trucha bug in new IOS, that's not a special protection against modchips, just general security holes fixing.

PS: I guess you could use a clean 1:1 copy with IOS55 if you would use SoftChip, set it to IOS55, and enable the 2 patches you need.

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the game wants IOS55 but will only run from NTSC machines disc channel as on PAL freezes at loading due to video better of using softchip or gamma least that way you can use a 1:1 iso that will be compatible with any future fixes not found a way of avoiding the side bars yet tho dont know if im getting a full 480p image as the kids have lost the telly remote it could be this game has no fullscreen

with softchip and hardmod it boots with IOS36 55 and 249 i never tried any others video mode must be set as disc reagion
all other settings are optional

mixinluv2u

OP
Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
Wiisel said:
the game wants IOS55 but will only run from NTSC machines disc channel as on PAL freezes at loading due to video better of using softchip or gamma least that way you can use a 1:1 iso that will be compatible with any future fixes not found a way of avoiding the side bars yet tho dont know if im getting a full 480p image as the kids have lost the telly remote it could be this game has no fullscreen

with softchip and hardmod it boots with IOS36 55 and 249 i never tried any others video mode must be set as disc reagion
all other settings are optional
and in order to boot from the Disc Channel, a trucha bugged IOS55 must be installed, correct? not just the regular IOS55.

EDIT:
i just read on a different forum that d2pro chips does not get 002 error. i wonder if that's true? can anyone here confirm? i suppose i need to burn a 1:1 copy and try it.

mixinluv2u

OP
Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
well for those that are interested, i had some success!!

i burned another copy, brickblocked and no other modification. installed IOS55 via wad manager. boot through disc channel and viola! it works!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hey men I'm glad you've finally succeded...!!! I post in the thread that for ModChip users that the instalation of IOS55 was the only need to get this working, but some people make me erase that part because wiikey or/and other ModChips didn't work even with this, I'm really thinking that the part that screw your patched disc was the force: japanese language part, but nahh doesn't matter now.....!!!!
biggrin.gif

caioz1jp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mixinluv2u said:
well for those that are interested, i had some success!!

i burned another copy, brickblocked and no other modification. installed IOS55 via wad manager. boot through disc channel and viola! it works!
Hey i know this is an older post but was the IOS u used trucha bugged or jsut teh original. i am on 3.4 with all the cios and HBC installed but i want to avoid as much firmware modding as possible. Currently using wiikey2 v1.2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn