Bleach or Death Note

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by javad, Aug 29, 2008.

Aug 29, 2008

Bleach or Death Note by javad at 12:59 PM (4,850 Views / 0 Likes) 65 replies

1. javad
    OP

Member javad GBAtemp Regular

Malta
    I say both are the best beacuse they both got kick-ass openings and storyline!!!

2. Akoji

Member Akoji +5 internets to psyfira for avatar.

Canada
    Hmm... easy one. Bleach is an horrid anime/manga.
    Sorry but I hate manga with non-existing plot.
    They fight the whole arc and then 3 chapter of characther developement, another fight arc-wide and the cycle continues. And yeah the fights bring nothing to the characther. And lately the plot sucks so much. Since Soul Society it's like... hmmm how can we start the new arc... ah! let's kidnap one of Ichigo's friends, and then he will go save her. Bonus Points if they have boobs.

Well so, Death Note is way supperior in being atleast imaginative and bring a new genre or atleast perfecting one to the Shonen scene. Yes Death Note is not perfect, got is flaws (post-L plotlines, seriously, I still can't believe that they killed L for putting Near in the story, it's a fucking kid version of L and less interesting.)

3. Panzer Tacticer

Member Panzer Tacticer veteran human

Canada
    I'd have to pick Death Note.

Pity that Death Note suffers from "never thought of a logical ending" syndrome that affects all sorts of anime that has a great initial story that stumbles when it seems the original writer died before the script was finished.

4. Ferrariman

Member Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
    He died? Wow, I never knew. A little ironic....

Anyways, I like Death Note more, because bleach is one of those "Never ending" animes. They have different storylines every month, it seems.

5. Joey90

Member Joey90 Not around any more

United Kingdom
    Death note, though the ending is a bit sucky. But up until the last volume it is really good.

6. ScuberSteve

ScuberSteve Newbie

I don't think he was being literal...

7. Ferrariman

Member Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
    OK then, I'm just being stupid (as always). Please excuse my stupidity

8. Tragoedia181

Banned Tragoedia181 B*tch I Look Like Goku!!

United States
    bleach because i like the hollows and they have ....BANKAI

9. JPdensetsu

Member JPdensetsu GBAtemp Addict

Taiwan
    Death Note !!!

10. Rod

Member Rod GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Cowboy Bebop. 8D

Ok, 'tween those two, Death Note easily.

11. jpxdude

Member jpxdude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    IMO, they are both very different mangas, Death Note is much more dialogue heavy and psychological than Bleach, which is obviously intended for a younger audience. I like them both about equal, and really getting into the newer chapters of Bleach which has developed very well.

12. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    first season of deathnote was fuckin awesome. for me, deathnote ended wen L died, so it rocks.

bleach on the other hand, it was so good in the beginning, but it spiraled into wat is known as "the dragonball z sequence". now that its finally back into the main story line, rumors that its gonna end soon, and i HOPE aizen beats ichigo. that would be fuckin awesome. tired of this same old shit of the good guy winning.

13. flamesmaster

Member flamesmaster GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Death note is fantastic, but Bleach is okay.

14. apb407

Member apb407 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    ummm mabye you guys should start using spoiler tags i mean already knows what happens in the shows but some people dont and the poster above me is not only wrong but is giving off a massive spoiler for the whole first season. Also they are both very different. Death note is more of an "smart" and dialogue heavy show while Bleach is more action style. Both shows are really different and they have their own audiences some people like one because of its genre while another person hates it for its genre also...........i cant chose between the two [​IMG]

edit: i meant da_head as the above poster

15. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    well the OP should have the spoiler tags. when we're comparing animes, it should be assumed that we're talking about the whole story. fine i guess bleach is "action" but the overall story is very childish, and only exciting at very few times. on the other hand, if u guys want a combination of deathnote and bleach (action and awesome main character/story), watch code geass. it effin owns. main character is smart like kira, and there's full scale wars, and gundam like robots (called knightmares).

16. Akoji

Member Akoji +5 internets to psyfira for avatar.

Canada
    Hahaha yeah but almost everyone on the board who watch animes already watch Code Geass.

17. Tragoedia181

United States
    cowboy bebop that show was good but BANKAI aka bleach is better

18. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Bleach is another shitty shounen shit. Even though, I thought it had potiencial to be something good at the beginning, but it's flaws started out from the first few episodes. The main flaw of Bleach, is that it drags on far too long, and it's storyline can't actually end, because there wouldn't be a suitable end for it. It's animation is pretty laughable every once in a while too.

Death Note, on the other hand, was at least excellent. It was the 2nd anime that brought me back into the world of anime. (Because I thought all anime were like Inuyasha, Bleach, and Naruto, back then.) Characters are interesting, mainly L, and the suspense is great. Plot is well written in the first half, and the battle of wits is something that's not too often shown in a shounen show, and some may be turned off due to that. It does have its flaws in the second half, but the first half was extremely well one. The animation was decent overall.

So, Death note is superior.

19. Tragoedia181

United States
    hmm you right never though of it tlike that

20. XeonZ

Member XeonZ GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I like both but I guess I'd prefer Bleach 'cause of the action element of it. Though some fights drag on way too much.