Hacking Blast Works and Gamma

Wattson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any compatability issues here?

I burned a scrubbed ISO of Blast Works onto a Philips DVD-R at 4x (which worked fine for Animal Crossing and the new Sonic so far), and it just loads into a black screen on the Wii. It's possible it was a bad burn, and I was using my computer while it was burning it so possibly that created a problem (I didn't touch the computer while the other two games burned), but I don't want to burn it again just to find out I needed a different IOS installed or something.

Thanks.
smile.gif

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see anyone else having problems with it in the noncomp. list so it should work fine.

Raziel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try using Imgburn at 2.4 spd. also might want to try a different brand in dvd-r's, maybe verbatim. lol i am sold on verbatim. i have had flawless burns. only games that won't run are just not compatible with gamma. thats it!!

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
That happens atleast on wad files to me if they're of a different region. You could try downloading the game again in different region ( or use the iso patcher if that works ).. Just in case.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Raziel5000 said:
try using Imgburn at 2.4 spd. also might want to try a different brand in dvd-r's, maybe verbatim. lol i am sold on verbatim. i have had flawless burns. only games that won't run are just not compatible with gamma. thats it!!

Do you like coasters? NEVER burn DVD-Rs at 2.4x, it's a DVD+R only burning speed.

*edit: nevermind

Wattson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Distrance said:
That happens atleast on wad files to me if they're of a different region. You could try downloading the game again in different region ( or use the iso patcher if that works ).. Just in case.

It's NTSC-U and from a trusted source (plus was uploaded months before it came out in PAL), and I'm also NTSC-U.

I think it was just a bad burn, I'm gonna give it another shot at 2x (I felt it burned way too fast for 4x anyways).

edit @WiiPower: I can't remember what speeds my drive supports (pretty sure it's up to 22x) but my discs allow up to 16x. Should I do 8x then?

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Bad burn ? I don't think so, such thing does not even exist. I burn all my games on 16x and listen music & might even play games same time, and the burns NEVER fail. The problem is elsewhere on your case.

madtamski

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wattson said:
Distrance said:

It's NTSC-U and from a trusted source (plus was uploaded months before it came out in PAL), and I'm also NTSC-U.

I think it was just a bad burn, I'm gonna give it another shot at 2x (I felt it burned way too fast for 4x anyways).

edit @WiiPower: I can't remember what speeds my drive supports (pretty sure it's up to 22x) but my discs allow up to 16x. Should I do 8x then?

I select max in Imgburn on my 16x DVD-R's and all the backups work fine
wink.gif

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look at what the disc supports and then burn half of the highest. 8x is usually a good speed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel