Blast Works and Gamma

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Wattson, Dec 8, 2008.

Dec 8, 2008

Blast Works and Gamma by Wattson at 6:00 AM (1,076 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Wattson
    OP

Newcomer Wattson Newbie

United States
    Any compatability issues here?

I burned a scrubbed ISO of Blast Works onto a Philips DVD-R at 4x (which worked fine for Animal Crossing and the new Sonic so far), and it just loads into a black screen on the Wii. It's possible it was a bad burn, and I was using my computer while it was burning it so possibly that created a problem (I didn't touch the computer while the other two games burned), but I don't want to burn it again just to find out I needed a different IOS installed or something.

Thanks. [​IMG]

2. zerof

Member zerof GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I don't see anyone else having problems with it in the noncomp. list so it should work fine.

3. Raziel5000

Member Raziel5000 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    try using Imgburn at 2.4 spd. also might want to try a different brand in dvd-r's, maybe verbatim. lol i am sold on verbatim. i have had flawless burns. only games that won't run are just not compatible with gamma. thats it!!

4. Distrance

Member Distrance GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    That happens atleast on wad files to me if they're of a different region. You could try downloading the game again in different region ( or use the iso patcher if that works ).. Just in case.

5. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Do you like coasters? NEVER burn DVD-Rs at 2.4x, it's a DVD+R only burning speed.

*edit: nevermind

6. Wattson
    OP

Newcomer Wattson Newbie

United States
    It's NTSC-U and from a trusted source (plus was uploaded months before it came out in PAL), and I'm also NTSC-U.

I think it was just a bad burn, I'm gonna give it another shot at 2x (I felt it burned way too fast for 4x anyways).

edit @WiiPower: I can't remember what speeds my drive supports (pretty sure it's up to 22x) but my discs allow up to 16x. Should I do 8x then?

7. Distrance

Member Distrance GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    Bad burn ? I don't think so, such thing does not even exist. I burn all my games on 16x and listen music & might even play games same time, and the burns NEVER fail. The problem is elsewhere on your case.

8. madtamski

Member madtamski GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I select max in Imgburn on my 16x DVD-R's and all the backups work fine [​IMG]

9. zerof

Member zerof GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Look at what the disc supports and then burn half of the highest. 8x is usually a good speed.

10. kingant

Newcomer kingant Advanced Member

Venezuela
    it works perfect for me. 1:1 DVD-R burned at 4x (Ridata DVD-r, 8x Max)