Blackscreen when booting Luma

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by VanityFair, Nov 3, 2016.

1. VanityFair
    OP

VanityFair Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2016
    Argentina
    Hi everyone! I'm new here on the forums. I bought a New 3DS XL in Japan and once back from my journey, I sent it to a guy who flash consoles as a service because I had no idea how to do it. He installed MENUHAX, FBI, etc and my console was working fine with Luma. Recently, I made the mistake of trying to update the FBI by myself to the last version and I deleted the Luma folder from the root of the SD card, replacing it with other Luma folder, following this tutorial:

Now the console boots but it got blackscreen after Luma loading screen no matter how many times I reset the console. I tried downloading the latest version of Luma but didn't work neither. I can't send the 3DS back to the guy who made the job because he's not doing it anymore, so I need to fix it by myself.

Here's the booting secuence:

Here's my SD root: http://imgur.com/a/N5qvl

Could you guys please help me? If any other info is needed, just tell me.

Thanks a lot!!

Last edited by VanityFair, Nov 3, 2016
  2. koffieleut

koffieleut GBAtemp Fan

Jan 22, 2009
    Netherlands
    probably at home
    Try putting a9lh on it. Menuhax has a boot rate of 45% So you need to be lucky for a boot, also is the boot time extremely long.

VanityFair likes this.
  3. AnalogMan

AnalogMan sumoCheatMenu Dev

Apr 20, 2007
    United States
    Looks like you're using a boot manager. Luma3DS used to use the Luma3DS.dat file to boot but now it's been changed to use arm9loaderhax.bin. Your boot manager is likely not setup to boot the right file anymore. Try posting the contents of boot_config.ini and perhaps also boot.cfg.

Alternatively you should have a sysNAND on version 9.2 and can just install A9LH which replaces the need for menuhax, boot managers and would work 100% of the time.

Quantumcat and VanityFair like this.
  4. VanityFair
    OP

VanityFair Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2016
    Argentina
    I would love to install A9LH but I can't access to my console anymore because the blackscreen when booting. Can you help me to go back to Sysnand 9.2?
    On the other hand, I can't find a noob-proof tutorial to install A9LH. Can you link me, please? Thanks in advance for the help! :)

5. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    https://plailect.github.io/Guide/ This is the safest, easiest, and best
    Any other guides will brick your 3ds.

VanityFair likes this.
  6. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    if you want access to your sysNAND, replace boot.3dsx with the original for the homebrew launcher (from smealum's site). Then it will boot into the homebrew launcher and you can go into the menuhax installer and configure it so you know what button to hold to get into sysNAND. Once there you can change your theme to uninstall menuhax.

VanityFair likes this.
  7. AnalogMan

AnalogMan sumoCheatMenu Dev

Apr 20, 2007
    United States
    Since the 3DS is booting menuhax, which is in turn booting your boot manager, which then cannot launch Luma3DS resulting in the black screen, you have a few ways to get your console back. The easiest would be to boot it without the SD card inserted. It should boot you to your 9.2 sysNAND. We can either fix up your boot manager or get rid of it. If you want to fix your boot manager I'll need you to either open those two files I mentioned and post their content here of just put them in a ZIP file and attach it to your post.

VanityFair likes this.
  8. VanityFair
    OP

VanityFair Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2016
    Argentina
    I solved it thanks to this tutorial and thanks to you!

xtheman likes this.