Hacking black screen

psiko74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive been using softmii for a couple weeks now and everything has worked flawlessly. Today I tried to play a backup copy of HOTD Overkill and I got a black screen after starting the game. I figured it was a bad burn. Then I tried my original copy of Twilight Princess and Im getting a black screen with that also. What could have happened?

I just tried MP3 Corruption original and it plays music but no video.

psiko74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The last time I played my Wii and it was working was earlier in the day. I was playing Super Paper Mario and fooling around with cheats using Geckos. Later in the evening I come back to try out my new HOTD game and thats when I first got the black screen.

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Try reinstalling your IOSs OVER your cIOSs to bring you back to original. You can extract them from ISOs using WiiScrubber

psiko74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im going to use AnyRegionChanger to reinstall my 3.2u IOS and then use Anytitledeleter to remove any IOS above 200. Then I'll try to load the original. If it is successful then I will install Cioscorp.

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
DON'T UNINSTALL THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL OR YOU WILL BE STUCK. BTW Preloader is deleted iy you install a new system menu using ARC

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why ISOs using WiiScrubber? I never used WiiScrubber and all games works fine without used WiiScrubber. (I hate WiiScrubber)

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
RockmanForte said:
Why ISOs using WiiScrubber? I never used WiiScrubber and all games works fine without used WiiScrubber. (I hate WiiScrubber)

To extract the IOSs for replacing the cIOSs

psiko74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just finished using AnyRegionChanger to install 3.2u and It booted my original. Im going to go ahead and reinstall preloader and Cioscorp.

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
psiko74 said:
I just finished using AnyRegionChanger to install 3.2u and It booted my original. Im going to go ahead and reinstall preloader and Cioscorp.

Good news. I wonder what happened.

offtopic: @ RockmanForte. So why did you post about it?
unsure.gif

psiko74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damn...I tried HOTD again and now my wii is going to the black screen again. Im going to have to redo it all again. Im going to throw this disc away before it happens again. Im not sure whats causing that to happen.

swf3

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
psiko74 said:
Ive been using softmii for a couple weeks now and everything has worked flawlessly. Today I tried to play a backup copy of HOTD Overkill and I got a black screen after starting the game. I figured it was a bad burn. Then I tried my original copy of Twilight Princess and Im getting a black screen with that also. What could have happened?

I just tried MP3 Corruption original and it plays music but no video.

does softmii kill wii`s (it did mine)
ime its not worth using softmii!

psiko74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im wondering if it has something to do with my hack.ini. I used hack remover and my originals started to work again.

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
psiko74 said:
Im wondering if it has something to do with my hack.ini. I used hack remover and my originals started to work again.

Come to think of it. I had the same problem as you. Wonder why I didn't remember about that solution

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs