Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you install preloader?

If so hold down the reset button when you turn your wii on, and try disable recovery mode in hacks.

If not, try looking for that autobooting unbrick disk eveyones on about?

hempin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KiiWii said:

If so hold down the reset button when you turn your wii on, and try disable recovery mode in hacks.

does that disc even work because i downloaded like 4 or 5 different ones and got nothing? and it sounds like the screen that savemii gives you so he should be able to put in a game with a recent update? kind of like the savemii procedure?

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
nagaway said:
i followed the guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901
now i have a black screen when i switch on the Wii with only the firmware title on screen
i think my OS is gone with the wind, any one can help how to restore my OS.
very strange you shouldn't be getting that screen just by turning on your wii, you must have installed a Force Recovery mode hack, sounds like you might have preloader installed
edit:
Like kiiwii said hold reset while powering on your wii and see if it boots into preloader.

mvgc3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 things there, xflack40.

Where does the TC say that the softmod bricked his Wii? He said because of modding, which is most likely true.

People brick their Wii's by misusing softmods. I've never heard of someone just thinking "I want my Wii to brick!" and have it brick.

You are not only wrong, but even if you were correct, your point is irrelevant based on the choice of words used in the topic's title and description. Statements like yours are unneeded.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
"my wii is broken because of modding" (in the title!)... and he says modding, but references a softmod guide, so I'm assuming he didn't decide to crack open his wii and install a mod chip

I take offense to this statement... modding is what makes a wii great. If any newb were to follow instructions properly there wouldn't be ANY bricks. So don't blame the mod, blame the person performing the mod.

and by the way, my comment "soft mods dont brick wii's , people brick wii's" is a reference to the famous quote "guns don't kill people, people kill people".

Just because people don't WANT to brick their wii's dont mean they aren't the reason they brick... the apps are NOT to blame. I could make the same arguement ... "I've never heard of someone just thinking "I want to make an app that bricks Wii's!" and have it brick."

So yea, the only thing u (mvgc3) said that was correct, is that my statement is not needed. But I've helped tons of people unbrick their wii's on this forum alone, and u have 7 posts... so I think I have a little more right to complain than u do.

Anyways, my point is, don't blame the wii, don't blame the apps, if u bricked your wii, you have no1 to blame but yourself.

Wilson735

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This doesn't seem like a brick, it seems like a hack in Preloader is causing this issue. It's happened to me before. Check to make sure that "Force Recovery Mode" in Preloader is disabled.

mvgc3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you misunderstood what I was saying. The TC didn't seem to be implying that the softmods or the tutorial he used were bad. He only seemed to be explaining how his Wii got to where it was. Would you rather him say "Hey, my Wii doesn't work! It only shows 4.2 (USA) in the corner..."? You know the only replies would be along the lines of "What softmods did you install? We need more info!"

Every human being makes mistakes. It's not impossible to overlook something in the guides. He was just looking for some help.

I knew exactly what you were referencing. I honestly never found that idea fully accurate either. Guns were developed to kill. That is their sole purpose. You absolutely cannot say guns don't kill people. Granted, people have to use the guns, but there would be significantly fewer deaths without them.

I'm sure you have helped a lot of people unbrick their Wiis. Would it have been that bad to do so again? The fact that you helped others doesn't give you the right to be a jerk this person. I try to help people when I can. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not an expert at modding the Wii. I know enough to get by with my own hardware, but I don't really like the idea of being responsible (despite the fact that no responsibility is implied with anything softmod related) for someone else's. If I mess up, it's my fault, my loss. But at the same time, it's relieving to know that if something does go wrong, and I can't figure out what it is on my own, there's a community of much more knowledgeable people that might be able to point me in the right direction. Were that scenario to occur, I wouldn't want people making remarks like yours, hence the reason for these posts.

nagaway

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Guys I am very sorry for offending any one with my title,
i totally think modding is awesome other wise i wouldn't have done,
i used to have homebrow channel on my old firmware
but i had to update it because i bought Wii Resort, which i think i awesome ,
again sorry if i offend any one, but still i need an expert to help me get back to my previous state.
thanks,

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
its all good, i can see where u all r coming from... in fact, if i were in your shoes I may be saying the same thing. I'm Greek, sometimes we just like to argue just for the hell of it, lol.

nagaway, I would help u, but u have to help yourself... u need to tell us exactly what u did to your wii, how far u got in xzxero's guide... what was the last thing u did to your wii before it wouldn't turn on normally.

Someone asked u if u installed priiloader, if so, u may have a hack enabled that is causing this error, or depending what version of preloader u installed it may make a difference... and xzxero's guide recently got updated... whereas before it included preloader 0.30 rev 4, now it includes the newer priiloader... so there isn't any way for me to know where to begin to help u.

anyways, the way I operate is, I read people's problems and I will post a solution if I know of one... but in situations like yours, where I feel I am missing information, I typically just ignore the problem...

so yea, I am fairly certain I, or the community in general, could help u... but its not going to happen if u dont give us details... we're not going to beg to help u

Lastly, the wii doesn't have an "OS", you're thinking of a computer

nagaway

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
KiiWii said:

yes i did install preloader
and your trick worked, thanks
still now i am stuck with another problem
when i exit to system menu i get the following message:
the system files are corrupted, please refer to the Wii operation manual for help and troubleshooting.

any ideas or know i am officially bricked?

nagaway

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
xflak40 said:
its all good, i can see where u all r coming from... in fact, if i were in your shoes I may be saying the same thing. I'm Greek, sometimes we just like to argue just for the hell of it, lol.

nagaway, I would help u, but u have to help yourself... u need to tell us exactly what u did to your wii, how far u got in xzxero's guide... what was the last thing u did to your wii before it wouldn't turn on normally.

Someone asked u if u installed priiloader, if so, u may have a hack enabled that is causing this error, or depending what version of preloader u installed it may make a difference... and xzxero's guide recently got updated... whereas before it included preloader 0.30 rev 4, now it includes the newer priiloader... so there isn't any way for me to know where to begin to help u.

anyways, the way I operate is, I read people's problems and I will post a solution if I know of one... but in situations like yours, where I feel I am missing information, I typically just ignore the problem...

so yea, I am fairly certain I, or the community in general, could help u... but its not going to happen if u dont give us details... we're not going to beg to help u

Lastly, the wii doesn't have an "OS", you're thinking of a computer
i really appreciate your support
i will try to give you all the information you asked or to help me,
i did all below steps successfully except step 16.
for now i am using preloader 0.29
and the problem i am facing is when i exit to the system menu i get the following message
the system files are corrupted, please refer to the Wii operation manual for help and troubleshooting.
i think this means semi-brick and can be fixed, am i right?

extract the "newmod.zip" and load your SD card up with the files from the sdroot folder.

Insert the SD card into the Wii.

1] Run bannerbomb by going to the SD Card menu and choosing yes to load boot.dol
This runs the Hackmii Installer from which you should install the Homebrew Channel, DVDX, and Bootmii as IOS and boot2 if possible.

Restart your Wii, either:

If Bootmii was installed as Boot2, it will show up as soon as the Wii is turned on.
Press the power button on the wii 3 times to get to the last option, then press the reset button. [You can also navigate with a gc controller.]
Press reset again to choose the first option, then follow the directions on the screen to make your NAND backup. [Bad blocks are no problem.]
Backup the "Bootmii" folder elsewhere and erase from the sd card. [or rename it.]

or,

If Bootmii wasn't started then it must be loaded by pressing home in the HBC and clicking launch bootmii.
Use a GC controller and press right on the d-pad 3 times to get to the last option, then press A.
Press A again to choose the first option on this second page, then follow the directions on the screen to make your NAND backup.
Backup the "Bootmii" folder elsewhere and erase from the sd card. [or rename it.]

2] Put the SD card back in your PC , and backup the Bootmii folder from your SD card root to your PC.

3] Navigate to the cboot2>try this 1st folder.

4] Drop the Bootmii folder, boot.dol, and startup.elf from the try this 1st folder onto your SD card root.

5] Start the Homebrew Channel and press home, then select Launch Bootmii.
The screen should trip out briefly then WAD Manager should start.

6] Choose the SD Slot
Press A on the following IOS's:
IOS222-64-v65280.wad
IOS223-64-v65280.wad
IOS249-64-v65280.wad
IOS250-64-v65280.wad
Then press left or right to uninstall them.

7] Press home to return to the Homebrew Channel and put the SD card back in your PC again.

8] Go to your cboot2 folder and put the boot.dol onto your SD card root to overwrite the one already there.

9] Start the Homebrew Channel and press home, then select Launch Bootmii.
This time it should start the cIOS installer.

10] Press left until you see do not reload IOS and choose WAD install.

11] Start the Homebrew Channel and load up DOP-IOS v8
On IOS 36, press A to select yes to install, Sig Hash Check, and ES_identify.
Press right until you see IOS53.
Press A to select yes to install and Sig Hash Check.
Press right until you see IOS55.
Press A to select yes to install and Sig Hash Check.
Press home to return to HBC.

12] Run Wad Manager
When it opens choose use IOS249. (it is probably already set to that)
Press A to open from SD.
Install IOS70-64-v6687 [Patched][FreeTheBug].wad and exit.

13] Run Preloader .29
Press 1 twice and it should install. [Don't worry, it takes it's time.]
Enable desired hacks in the Systemmenu Hacks section. [note: if it says if can't find the hacks.ini file, you are using a sdhc card and need to use a non-sdhc for this part.]
Go to the settings and make sure the IOS is set to 70.
Save settings.

14] Run cIOS Installer for USB2
Choose IOS 249 for installation.
Press A to start installing IOS 202.
Return to Homebrew Channel.

15] Run cIOS 222/223 installer v4
Choose IOS 249 for installation.
Install Custom IOS 222 and select IOS38 merged with IOS37.
Restart and install Custom IOS 223 and select IOS60 merged with IOS38.

16] Run MIOSpatcher
Press right once on a gamecube controller to change the mios to v8.
Press X to allow Wii backup launcher loading.
Press A to install.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
reinstall your system menu through preloader> the homebrew channel> wad manager

then follow the updated version on my guide
biggrin.gif

nagaway

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
xzxero said:

biggrin.gif

please advise how to install the system menu?

nagaway

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
nagaway said:
xzxero said:

biggrin.gif

i downloaded NUSD V1.3
but now i am lost not sure what options i select
i used to work on Version 4.2U before trying to softmode my Wii.

nagaway

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
nagaway said:
nagaway said:
xzxero said:

biggrin.gif

i downloaded NUSD V1.3
but now i am lost not sure what options i select
i used to work on Version 4.2U before trying to softmode my Wii.
do you have a guide on how to reinstall my system menu?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
its not that difficult, just use nus downloader... when it opens, you will have to check the "pack wad" box at the botton, then click on the "database" button at the top, then navigate to system-->system menu-->v481 (4.2U), then click "start NUS download", wait until it's done... a new folder will be created called "0000000100000002v481" inside it look for the a wad file (there will only be 1)

then save that wad to sd:/wad, then launch preloader, then launch the homebrew channel, then launch wad manager, then install the wad

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-