Black screen when playing backup

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by AES256, Feb 21, 2016.

1. AES256
    OP

AES256 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2016
    United States
    Hello everyone,

I've recently come into the world of homebrew and cIOS and I'm looking for a little guidance. A lot of the information I've come across seems to be outdated so I feel like I've jumped from site to site installing apps overtop of old apps to update them.

I'm now able to see my backups from my USB thumb drive(FAT32) using USB Loader GX R1231 from Cyan's posts. When I try to load either Mario Kart Wii or Mario Party 9, both in ISO form loaded on my flash drive with Wii Backup Manager, I get stuck on a black screen and my Wii mote disconnects.

I've run a Syscheck which can be found below. If anyone can give me any advice or spot the problem I would appreciate it immensely, thanks for your time.

I should also note, I've tried going into the game settings before launching and changing the ios to 250 to try loading that as well since I used a different base to troubleshoot.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Last edited by AES256, Feb 21, 2016
  2. AES256
    OP

AES256 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2016
    United States
    Actually I tried installing WiiFlow and I updated slot 249 to Base 57 and they load with WiiFlow so I'll just use that. Just wanted to post an update incase anyone looks for this issue in the future.

3. jugi

jugi Member

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2016
    Netherlands
    i have the same problem for just dance '15.
    I haven't tried WiiFlow

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Update:
    It didn't work...
    How do you update slot 249? What settings?
    v52 beta? All the details please

4. AES256
    OP

AES256 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2016
    United States
    I used the D2X Installer (https://code.google.com/archive/p/d2x-cios-installer/downloads) and copied the v52 Beta files into the apps\d2x installer folder. Just unzip that v52 folder right into your d2x installer folder and it will pick it up. Then when you run d2x installer from the homebrew menu, it will show v52 as an option.

I should note that WiiFlow only worked for Mario Party 9 didn't work for Mario Kart

5. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Just Dance series requires IOS57 normally so if you did the standard 2-slot d2x install you should change the loader settings for those games to IOS250[57].

The 250 in your syscheck is right. It should work. You're using a very old USB Loader GX if you have r1231. The latest is r1260. The project was moved to SourceForge here.

Last edited by GreyWolf, Feb 21, 2016