reach for the stars
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to go back into playing pokemon black 2 and prep for online if I ever get my emunand restored... so I boot up the game and no 3ds boot logo... I formated my n3ds because I thought it was a mess up with the twl nand when I was installing turbohax... but, I still got the same black screen... I cleaned the cartrage and tried again.. still black screen... tried with pokemon pearl and transformers: war for cybertron still black screen!!!

NintenDavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to go back into playing pokemon black 2 and prep for online if I ever get my emunand restored... so I boot up the game and no 3ds boot logo... I formated my n3ds because I thought it was a mess up with the twl nand when I was installing turbohax... but, I still got the same black screen... I cleaned the cartrage and tried again.. still black screen... tried with pokemon pearl and transformers: war for cybertron still black screen!!!
Ds games don't have the 3ds boot logo. So it doesnt boot at all, and stays at the black screen for more than 30 seconds?

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a boot manager?
my 3ds is on 11.0 because I accidently updated my sysnand... when trying to install A9LH... I know... I can be retarded at times... please don't rub it in...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do you have a boot manager?
it was from the main menu on sysnand...

NintenDavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my 3ds is on 11.0 because I accidently updated my sysnand... when trying to install A9LH... I know... I can be retarded at times... please don't rub it in...

it was from the main menu on sysnand...
Can you boot into Nintendo DS Connections in the System Settings?

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
Well that bugged Firmware. I think. So maybe try recovery update? I doubt it would fix but worth a try.
recovery update? do I do that by clicking update in system settings because I don't want to be on 11.x.x.x when I do that... if nintendo somehow made a new update atm

D

Deleted User

Well that bugged Firmware. I think. So maybe try recovery update? I doubt it would fix but worth a try.
(For the OP, to do this you hold down L+R+UP+A, then turn on the 3DS and keep holding it until you see a System Update screen. Then do the system update.)
EDIT: OP ninja'd me :P
@DarkRiolu264

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

the ds software still didn't boot...
Then your TWL firm is fucked until you can access your NAND again (hardmod, waiting for kernel exploit, etc.)
Once you have NAND access, you can download and install the correct TWL firm for your system, or restore a NAND backup from before it was corrupted.
Sorry :mellow:

Reactions: DarkRioru

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
Then your TWL firm is fucked until you can access your NAND again (hardmod, waiting for kernel exploit, etc.)
Once you have NAND access, you can download and install the correct TWL firm for your system, or restore a NAND backup from before it was corrupted.
Sorry :mellow:
I made a backup of both my sysnand and emunand but, sysnand doesn't really matter all that much to me so, I'll just patch the nand when a new kernal exploit walks out and demands for us to use it.... moderately T3T

as long as I can still play pokemon super mystery dungeon and mh3u, I'm good :lol:

Reactions: Deleted User

JAMM3L

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a backup of both my sysnand and emunand but, sysnand doesn't really matter all that much to me so, I'll just patch the nand when a new kernal exploit walks out and demands for us to use it.... moderately T3T

as long as I can still play pokemon super mystery dungeon and mh3u, I'm good :lol:

Were you able to get your 3ds to play ds games? I'm having the same or a similar issue (hacked & updated) and would like to fix it if possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, E-peen?