TheAntipop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlackAce83 said:
depends on the age of your wii, cause that IOS36 you installed is a extremely old version, and is not compat with newer wiis which will cause apps to black out, a simple official update with nintendo should fix that though

I actually thought about doing this, but this message I got stopped me:

"If your Wii console includes unauthorized modifications, this update may detect and remove unauthorized content causing immediate or delayed inoperability of your console. Failure to accept this update may also render this and future games unplayable."

Doesn't sound like good news for modded consoles, which mine most definitely is. My Wii is brand new, the serial begins LU7154, so it is probably incompatible with that WAD. If I had only known this before installing it...

TheAntipop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlackAce83 said:
if you did update officially it would fix your IOS36 then you'll only need to re-hack your wii using the guide in your first post were it says modify 4.2

Yeah, but wouldn't it be flagged as modded and possibly bricked by Nintendo in the future? That warning message scares me.

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
TheAntipop said:
BlackAce83 said:
if you did update officially it would fix your IOS36 then you'll only need to re-hack your wii using the guide in your first post were it says modify 4.2

Yeah, but wouldn't it be flagged as modded and possibly bricked by Nintendo in the future? That warning message scares me.
I dont know how to answer that, if that warning really scares you by all means dont update, i'm sure there is other ways to restore your broken IOS36, but updating is the easiest solution for you sense your already on 4.2 and have boot2v4, i dont see the problem

TheAntipop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlackAce83 said:
TheAntipop said:
BlackAce83 said:

I dont know how to answer that, if that warning really scares you by all means dont update, i'm sure there is other ways to restore your broken IOS36, but updating is the easiest solution for you sense your already on 4.2 and have boot2v4, i dont see the problem

I just bit the bullet and did the System Update.... guess what? It worked!!! Copied the modify.rar contents to my SD card and chose to boot from the ELF... Bannerbomb is back, baby! I just re-installed the Homebrew Channel and now all my homebrew runs again!! WOOT! Thank you BlaceAce for giving me the encouragement to do this! I am very hesitant to even connect the Wii to my WiFi now since Nintendo could have my console flagged right now and brick it at any time. I will probably shut it off and stick to offline gaming for now. But problem solved - thanks again!!!

PatternInChaos

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
BlackAce83 said:
depends on the age of your wii, cause that IOS36 you installed is a extremely old version, and is not compat with newer wiis which will cause apps to black out, a simple official update with nintendo should fix that though

Is there a way to work around that? I followed a tutorial which made me install that ios and I got this same problem. Didn't know it could cause this to newer consoles. Now I'm not sure how to get around that, should I just use another ios or skip that step?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free