Hacking Black screen when booting with fusee-primary

RetroVerso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
As the title says, I can't boot my switch when I choose to boot with fusee-primary, whether I try with TegraRCM or with Hekate. I can however boot with CFW - sysMMC with Hekate.
When I try to boot with fusee-primary, I first see a Sept screen for a quick time, then an Atmosphere screen for more than 5 seconds and then black screen. I think the screen I completely black, implying the LED's are turned off. When I connect it to my pc and launch Tegra it doesn't detect the switch, even when I press the power button a single time. I have to hold the power button and then repress it for Tegra to detect RCM.

Here are my specs (everything is at the latest version I believe) :
Hekate 5.3.0
Switch ver. 10.1.0
Atmosphere 0.13.0 (Tried using different sigpatches to no avail)
Kosmos 16.1
AutoRCM enabled

I want to use fusee-primary because some games won't work properly or won't work at all otherwise (I believe, I can't launch Paper Mario and I read that that was the reason).
I think I've also seen someone saying that booting the switch with fusee-primary was generally better.
Anyway, any fixes?
(I don't really wanna format my SD, but if I have too I'll do it I guess)

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a black screen too. I took the not-so-nuclear option. Delete everything in the atmosphere folder except contents if you have any game mods or cheats. In contents delete all the folders for system titles -- especially the one for the launcher if you do a custom theme (though this wasn't the specific cause of this particular issue and usually causes a crash instead.) Then reextract Atmosphere back to the SD card and then the patches. You may want to re-edit the config files to, for example, disable the all cheats always on setting (which I still maintain does more harm than good.)

It seems like every once in a while with Atmosphere you have to do this. I suppose it's due to major service changes or something, but I'm not really sure.

BTW, the screen is extremely dark, but the backlight is still on. It just initializes with the backlight on the maximum and then it turns it way down once it's that far into the loading process so it seems off in comparison.

RetroVerso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I had a black screen too. I took the not-so-nuclear option. Delete everything in the atmosphere folder except contents if you have any game mods or cheats. In contents delete all the folders for system titles -- especially the one for the launcher if you do a custom theme (though this wasn't the specific cause of this particular issue and usually causes a crash instead.) Then reextract Atmosphere back to the SD card and then the patches. You may want to re-edit the config files to, for example, disable the all cheats always on setting (which I still maintain does more harm than good.)

It seems like every once in a while with Atmosphere you have to do this. I suppose it's due to major service changes or something, but I'm not really sure.

BTW, the screen is extremely dark, but the backlight is still on. It just initializes with the backlight on the maximum and then it turns it way down once it's that far into the loading process so it seems off in comparison.
Thank you for the response! Is there a way to see which content files is a system file and which is a game file? I'm guessing the beginning of system files must be different, like the custom theme folder is just a bunch of 0s and 1s.

And yeah I thought that the screen was on but really dark, since I had to turn off the system to enable RCM.

RetroVerso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for the response! Is there a way to see which content files is a system file and which is a game file? I'm guessing the beginning of system files must be different, like the custom theme folder is just a bunch of 0s and 1s.

And yeah I thought that the screen was on but really dark, since I had to turn off the system to enable RCM.
Nevermind, I simply deleted the whole atmosphere folder (with the exception of one game title since I had mods installed) and it's now working just fine!
God bless you, you're a savior.

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'll answer for future reference anyway. Of course you can look up title IDs or look for things that have almost no files, just an exefs or etc as your typical game mods won't have structures like that (I don't think I've ever seen one modify the exefs in fact,) but the simplest way to tell is really quite simple. Most system titles have VERY low ID numbers. The first two numbers are 01 followed by a lot of zeros and then only a few digits for system titles. The highest one you should see I know off the top of my head being the launcher. So 0100000000001000 for it. An official title (I believe Mario Odyssey?) has one digit up (eg 0100000000010000) but otherwise I don't think you should have any trouble telling on any others.

Honestly, as a general rule of thumb you should just delete all those with each Atmosphere update just to be sure. At this point I'm going to say even the launcher title. (You are supposed to only have to change it when the launcher itself actually changes, but lately I can't think of a system update I've done where leaving a theme from the previous version did not cause a crash.)

Reactions: Ichigo-Bankai

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head