Hacking Black Screen on V 4.0U

natas420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wigee, yeah I believe I had a defective modchip. I was able to exchange it for another one and it worked like a charm. It was just one of those things that happen when u deal with electronics..sometimes they fail.

The drivechip I used was a Drivekey. Even tho it will not be set to autoboot, the code in the chip allows the repair disc to still load from the recovery screen. Mine was NOT set to autoboot, yet it was still able to boot the repair disc via the recovery mode.

Regarding PAL...I would think this would work? Its just text no graphics...so I would think as long as you can access it and read it, it should be fine..I think...

Natas420

"Marijuana is good for you."--Jesus 1967

wigee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Ok thx for the advice.
I will put a drivekey chip in my WII next month.
I'll hope it will work.
If it does not work, i can still play games that i changed to autoboot ?

Or do i need another chip for that then the drivekey?

natas420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aha xzxero,

assuming one CAN install bootmii as boot2 if your wii is early enough. Elaborate more before making yourself look like an ass. Trying to help people fix their brick wiis...this isnt a topic about how to protect against bricks, jackass. And no, I wouldnt have had a problem with you if your didn't just straight off come off as a complete arrogant dickhead.

Natas420

wigee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Finally, normally today my Wasabi DX chip will arrive.

First i will take a Working WII, install the chip, edit the config options so i can autoboot discs.
Then i will take my Banner Bricked WII, install the chip, go into recovering mode via GC controller.
Then i will try to boot the Autoboot wadmanager disc that i converted into a Pal Version.

I'll hope this will boot so i can remove the bad wad file i had installed when my WII got Banner Bricked.

rolleyes.gif
I'll hope it will work....

wigee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Yesterday i installed the wasabi DX chip into my WII.
I was unable to get autoboot wad manager disc, same with the nintendo repair disc.

I always got the error:

An error has occurred. Press the Eject Button, remove the Game Disc and turn the power off.

Also tried in recovery mode -> disc starts spinnning but nothing happens...

The only thing that was positif is that i could autoboot my games. So from now i can play again with my WII.

Does anyone have an idear why i can't autoboot those 2 discs (they were both converted to PAL) ?
Maybe try with ntsc version of is this really bad for my Wii?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Shubshub @ Shubshub: oshit its the real jdbye