MeixDev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello !

Since yesterday, I can't boot on my hacked N3DS XL, I got a Black Screen whenever I try to.
I followed Plailect's Guide troubleshooting, and apparently, my device is not bricked : The Test payload let me poweroff, I can boot Decrypt9, I can boot the Luma3DS config.. But I can't boot my Sysnand.

I asked a few people for help on Discord. I tried replacing the arm9loaderhax.bin with a new one, I tried deleting the config, I tried booting without the firmware.bin, I tried turning off the Clock+L2 option on Luma3DS.. Nothing.

It happened after my 3DS hanged up while I was playing MH4U with a friend.
Any idea of what happened, and a way to solve it ?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello !

Since yesterday, I can't boot on my hacked N3DS XL, I got a Black Screen whenever I try to.
I followed Plailect's Guide troubleshooting, and apparently, my device is not bricked : The Test payload let me poweroff, I can boot Decrypt9, I can boot the Luma3DS config.. But I can't boot my Sysnand.

I asked a few people for help on Discord. I tried replacing the arm9loaderhax.bin with a new one, I tried deleting the config, I tried booting without the firmware.bin, I tried turning off the Clock+L2 option on Luma3DS.. Nothing.

It happened after my 3DS hanged up while I was playing MH4U with a friend.
Any idea of what happened, and a way to solve it ?
Screenshot of your SD contents? Also did you keep a backup of your OTP?

MeixDev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's the 3DShacks Discord, you can find the invite link on Reddit, I think.
It's not a downgrade problem, I hacked my 3DS one month ago, and it worked without any problem until yesterday.

Here are my SD card contents, followed by the luma folder contents :

1464598158-sans-titre.png

1464598158-sans-titre2.png

sweatbox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Got the same. But I changed my SD-Card.
Tried out a new fresh card with the wiki files. that booted as normal.

Then i del the firmware.bin of the luma folder, copied the working one into it aaaaand... it boots.
No idea what happen. Maybe there was the one from o3ds instead of n3ds? or maybe the firmware.bin became corrupted? But since then it works.

give it a try

MeixDev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Already tried changing my firmware.bin.
You tried to change your SD Card as well ? Will try that, thanks !

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the 3DShacks Discord, you can find the invite link on Reddit

So I'm in the server. It said I had to wait 5 minutes until I could chat, the counter reached 00:00:00 and it still says I have to wait 5 minutes and I can't type! Is that normal?

EDIT: Nevermind I can talk now. Thanks for letting me know where to find this stuff.

Last edited by cots,

MeixDev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, I tried an all new SD card, got all new .bin files and payloads, and I'm still not booting.
Plailect's Guide said it's not a brick since the test payload is working, but then, what could it be ?

Edit : So I tried to do a Nand Backup to try the "Validate NAND Dump" option. Seems like Firm0 is corrupt but it's non-critical and to be expected with A9LH. So.. I really don't know.

Last edited by MeixDev,

MeixDev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, renamed the "Nintendo 3DS" folder to "Nintendoo 3DS" and trie to boot with SaltFW.
No result, sadly.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
I'm starting to think that the suspect is CTRNAND corruption then. Try creating an EmuNAND with EmuNAND9, inject a backup NAND.bin into your EmuNAND (you should have plenty backups from the a9lh install process), and then use Luma to boot the EmuNAND. If that works then your CTRNAND is corrupted and you'll just have to restore a backup onto it.

MeixDev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, I don't have access to my Nand backups for now, until I get a new AC Adapter. Will post in a few days when I tried.
Thanks !

MeixDev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm back. Sorry about the double-post.

I tried to restore a post-A9LH installation Nand Backup, and I'm still not booting. I really don't know what I could do..

MeixDev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So, I will bump the thread so it can come back to first page and get some visibility.

I tried to create an EmuNand and inject a Nand on it : I can't boot.
I also tried almost all of my backups on the SysNand : Nothing.

The last backups I did not try on the Sysnand are the Pre-A9LH ones. But since they were not booting on the EmuNand, I don't want to lost my A9LH entry without anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.