Hacking Black screen help

MANTI5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just finished playing Pinball Hall Of Fame the Williams Collection and got a black screen going back to the system menu. Restarted, got the health warning screen, then black. I have Priiloader installed and can get to channels that way but not the system menu. What can I do to fix this? I've had this Wii since launch day, MultiMod Manager shows I have system menu v4.2 on IOS70, boot2 version is boot2v2, mostly use USB Loader GX to play my backups. What other info can I give to help you help me?

Sylantemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may not be understanding the problem fully, but it sounds like the system menu IOS is somehow corrupted. I have no idea how this could have happened from just playing a game. Try restoring the NAND, assuming you have a backup of it made.

WIZZZARD77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you reied unplugging your Wii leeting it sit awhile and then trying it again. I used to get an error like this (with CFG Loader) don't listen to the unhelpful person above. I use all 3 loaders (Wiiflow, USBLoaderGX & CFG) because non are %100 compatable. Otherwise mabey try to reinstall your system ios, get it off modMii.

JN_big3

Trophies
XP
Country
Try removing all the wires connected to the Wii. Let it rest for 5 hours then check back on it. If you still have the black screen, your SM might be corrupted. Do this if all else fails:

1. You need to get ModMii. After entering "I Agree", Type 1 then enter.
2. Download the System Menu you want to install on your Wii (I recommend 4.3) . You have to download The appropriate region for your Wii. (U= USA, E= Euro, J= Japan, K= Korean).
3. After downloading, put the wad file to your SD card or USB on the wad folder.
4. You need MMM.
5. Run Priiloader then go to MMM.
6. Install the WAD file using MMM then your done.
7. Quit then it will go to your System Menu.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I'm not one that generally questions the actions of mods, but my previous comment was not disrespectful or off topic. On the contrary, it was quite on topic. USB Loader GX has a history of causing semi bricks with wiii's. Just because some noobie tool without any experience or history of dealing with this situation in the past decides to say something against my experience in this forum and what I've seen as a result of USB loader GX, does not make my comment have any merit to be removed. I was actually being informative and helpful, maybe not with huge amounts of detail, but all someone needed to do was ask for more information.

If anyone has a problem with that then PM me and we can discus it, otherwise let it be known from this thread and the hundreds others that USB loader GX has been know to cause semi bricks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ZpMdTnZkpRQ?si=Q2MI4UugoSYifY7G Neat