Black Screen error on Flashcards

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Genjutsuhh, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Genjutsuhh
    OP

Genjutsuhh Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2015
    Pakistan
    So I've been experiencing this for quite some time now but was just baring with till now.

Basically when I'm playing a game (Note that this has only happened to me while playing select games, not all) in the middle of it all, the screen goes black with the error "An error has occurred. Hold down the POWER button to turn off the power, then turn it on and try again."

So every time I've noticed that there's a trigger to the problem, making it impossible to continue beyond that point. For example, while playing Monster Hunter 4, in the second map if I enter Area 8, the error occurs but if I don't go near that area it doesn't but eventually I had to for progression's sake.

I tried re-copying the game and it only half solved my problem. Every time I re-copy the game, it is playable beyond the point it wasn't previously but in it's place a new trigger is created for eg. I was able to advance to Area 8 in MH4 but the error now occurred whenever I departed for the Congalala quest.

I was using a 32 GB class 10 Kingston card but then switched to a Sandisk 32 GB class 10 but the problem persuaded. Then I heard it was a prob with 32 gig cards so I switched to a Kingston 16 GB class 4 but still no luck (All SD cards were tested for fakes). I've tried it on the Sky3DS, the Sky3DS+ as well as the Gateway. I've even tried downloading the roms from multiple sources.

So yeah, any and all help is much much appreciated.

Here's a list of Games I've had the problem with so far in case it could be of any help:
    -Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (Start of first Congalala Caravan quest. Entering Area 8 in second map)
    -Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (Accessing the Pokedex)
    -Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies (During starting cutscene of case 2)
    -Zelda: Majora's Mask (First encounter with Happy Mask Salesman)
    There were more but these are what I could remember right now.

Thanking you in advance.

2. James310

James310 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 4, 2015
    United States
    Somewhere in California
    I want to help but you never explained what FLASHCARD you even have....

3. Genjutsuhh
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2015
    Pakistan
    I mentioned the 3 flashcards I was experiencing the problem with (which are the ones I possess) but for now I am mainly using the Gateway.

4. James310

James310 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 4, 2015
    United States
    Somewhere in California
    Roms must be a bad dump, extract them, you seem to be recopying which will just increase this...

5. GothicIII

GothicIII GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    No its not a bad rom when you can run it on a sky3ds. It is impossible to alter with roms without breaking encryption.

If you believe it or not I still suspect your microsd card. Those roms are very picky about microsd cards and the issue you describe are typical for them. I personally can say this for Pokemon that it black screens when loading an area.
    So get yourself a microsd from another source, I recommend transcend uhs-1 cards (half red half black ones)these work for me very well.

6. Genjutsuhh
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2015
    Pakistan
    Hmm alright then, ill look into that. Thanks for the help :)

7. Justin20020

Justin20020 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 22, 2015
    Gambia, The
    In the past, I had several problems with games. Texture glitches, games stop after working like you. The problem was the micro sd card. Try it with another