zatoon77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hello to all!
I am a bit of a newbie on this, but I recently pulled out my Nintendo Wii(original white 4.3u) and learned how to softmod my wii. I was able to add my games(from disk) to my HHD and installed Homebrew Channel using the lastest USB loader(USBLoaderGX r1262). All worked perfectly and yesterday(March/2017) I added a few new games to my HHD using WBFS Manager 3.0, added covers to them, and I went to test out the games, all worked perfectly BUT when I went to exit the game the screen turned black and froze up my wii, I had to hold the power button to turn off the wii. Does anyone know why all of a sudden this is happening, I even went to try the games I had on the HHD that I added the first time and exited without any problems, its only causing this freeze up to the recently added games. Could the covers be the issue? Please Help, its very annoying that I have to turn off my wii every time I want to change games. Thank you in advance!! using d2x-v10-beta53

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WBFS partitions and WBFS Manager in particular are prone to game corruption due to crosslinked games. If you absolutely have to use WBFS you should use Wii Backup Manager.

d2x beta53 is also not recommended as it has compatibility problems. It's better to use v10-beta52 or just v8.

zatoon77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
First of all thank you GreyWolf for responding. I used Wii Backup Manager to convert my WBFS files to ISO files for the wii to read. I am sorry to ask but how do I change d2x beta53 to v10-beta52 or just v8. I am also curious to know why did my other games work just last week and the news games I placed on my HDD are having problems when I exit. Would it have anything to do with the cover art files that were applied? Thanks in advance. Cheers

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all thank you GreyWolf for responding. I used Wii Backup Manager to convert my WBFS files to ISO files for the wii to read. I am sorry to ask but how do I change d2x beta53 to v10-beta52 or just v8. I am also curious to know why did my other games work just last week and the news games I placed on my HDD are having problems when I exit. Would it have anything to do with the cover art files that were applied? Thanks in advance. Cheers

It shouldn't be the cover art. It's likely if you added any games that WBFS Manager overwrote part of some of the other games that were already on the drive. Unfortuntately there's no way to fix them other than using good rips of the games to copy them over again.

You can just use the d2x Installer again to replace d2x v10-beta53. If you used ModMii there is an option in it to choose which version you want to build. Cyan made a zip archive that includes v7-v10 in one package. The archive and details are here.

Reactions: zatoon77

zatoon77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
It shouldn't be the cover art. It's likely if you added any games that WBFS Manager overwrote part of some of the other games that were already on the drive. Unfortunately there's no way to fix them other than using good rips of the games to copy them over again.

You can just use the d2x Installer again to replace d2x v10-beta53. If you used ModMii there is an option in it to choose which version you want to build. Cyan made a zip archive that includes v7-v10 in one package. The archive and details are here.

Okay I will try to change it and see if anything changes. Would you know by chance if I can damage the wii if I repeatedly turn it off by holding down the power button every time I have to restart a game? If I went ahead and deleted each game to see which of them is the corrupted would it work this way? Cause I had placed around 10 games the second time when the problem occurred.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I will try to change it and see if anything changes. Would you know by chance if I can damage the wii if I repeatedly turn it off by holding down the power button every time I have to restart a game? If I went ahead and deleted each game to see which of them is the corrupted would it work this way? Cause I had placed around 10 games the second time when the problem occurred.

If it's not saving the game when you power it down it should be fine. Even if it is there are some safeguards in the system menu to prevent it from corrupting the NAND.

Reactions: zatoon77

zatoon77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
GreyWolf, thank you for all the feedback. Just wanted to know would my best option be to delete all the games that cause these problems and find another source to download them again to the HDD?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can check the game ISOs with the Dolphin emulator to see if the game partitions are corrupted. Right-click on the game, then go to Properties>Filesystem. Right-click on the game partition and select the option to verify it.

Wii disc partitions are containers that have a SHA1 hash for them as part of the copy protection system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-